Melted Boot on Farmertec 070

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

famousmockingbird44

Reaction score
Hi guys. Today I was milling for the first time with my farmertec 070 clone and noticed the spark plug boot was smoking. I popped it off and the inside was melted. I’ve had a number of issues with the saw already and I know they’re to be expected with China junk but I didn’t expect this. Any idea what caused it? Just wondering if it could be user error of any kind or just another faulty part. Whatever knowledge of these saws you might have feel free to share.

Attachments

• E6C0817A-870A-4810-B70C-752CFCA4AEA9.jpeg
    E6C0817A-870A-4810-B70C-752CFCA4AEA9.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Like said above good chance it's caused from running to lean. Pull the plug and give us a picture of that. Might be a good idea to also pull the muffler and take a picture of the piston.

Yep. And I’m not buying the “running too lean” thing. If it were running too lean it would have stuck the rings before the first slab was cut.
And just to differentiate from that, I’m not saying it’s not a little bit lean and running hotter than it should be. But I’ve seen a lot of OEM scored cylinders that got hotter than hell and the intake boot and spark plug boot are still perfect

Latest posts

Back