Meteor 044 10mm

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Duke this is the same deal with
Up to 020700001 (357XP)
the rod can move enough laterally to rub on the crank. No AM piston fits the 13mm crank correctly
As long as you're giving feedback here's some more.

My old suzuki quadracer atv engines used to have spacers on each side of the rod to correct that ,they also failed a lot on me and would eat the engine up when broke ,don't run that the way it is ,a spacer on each side would correct it ,but is a bandaid kind of .My honda engines did not have the spacers ,much better design.

My old suzuki quadracer atv engines used to have spacers on each side of the rod to correct that ,they also failed a lot on me and would eat the engine up when broke ,don't run that the way it is ,a spacer on each side would correct it ,but is a bandaid kind of .My honda engines did not have the spacers ,much better design.

Problem is, I've built (3) 10mm saws in the past 3 yrs and they're all like this I have a feeling. Just buttoned up saw number 4 last night.
I'm gonna make myself a cup of Earl Grey and go tear it back down.

Now yall got me wanting to run mine just to see what happens. I got no problem being a guinea pig.
I've got at least 5 gallons of fuel through one and probably 2-3 gallons on another. I just never noticed it on those saws when I was building.
Didn't notice until last night on my personal saw.

I've got at least 5 gallons of fuel through one and probably 2-3 gallons on another. I just never noticed it on those saws when I was building.
Didn't notice until last night on my personal saw.
It will maybe run a long while like that ,but it will put a little extra stress on the pin bearing cage ,it could fail sooner than normal ,it could last forever ,who knows i am just a junkman

I haven't found an aftermarket piston that works as a replacement for the 044 10mm. I've returned a couple of pistons for this reason. I've tried to discuss the issue with Meteor but they never returned my emails. What have I've been doing? I buy used OEM and clean them up (new from my dealer was something like $130). Always wondered, Why anyone would used a piston with this flaw?. deereguy

I checked with a dealer buddy of mine today. Needless to say I ordered (2) OEM pistons for less than what they used to be. Heck, I coulda ordered (3) for less than old retail prices.

You got me, that's close enough
4282495f9a26ce17ed9668eeb59f34c3.jpg

I got a 10mm Episan pistons from the Greek 5 - 6 years ago that fit just as it was supposed to, actually got two, used one in my own saw and gave the other one to a member here, never had an issue with them. Now that Stihl has new pricing on their pistons, that is all I will be using as long as this lasts.

Back