Meteor 044 10mm

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok cool. Still have to powder case yet it will be another week before i need it on reassembly ok

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike, if you need one for the 044 you got from me, let me get it for you man.
I have a stack of the OEM 10mm on order.
DDave
Save 2 for me dave i like to have extra on hand Just let me the cost
All my saws have a extra oem top end in the batters box if something happens to one of them.

Randy says i m a hoarder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish I knew about the price decrease before I buttoned this guy up.

His name is Bert

do you name every saw you build? I'm not 100% decided if that is funny or bad-ass, but I think it speaks to the level of commitment you have to your craft
DDave

do you name every saw you build? I'm not 100% decided if that is funny or bad-ass, but I think it speaks to the level of commitment you have to your craft
DDave
Thanks Dave.
This saw has quite the history.
The name is of the original owner who has since passed away years ago.
Quite the character!!!!

Thanks Dave.
This saw has quite the history.
The name is of the original owner who has since passed away years ago.
Quite the character!!!!

We name random stuff around the shop and all the trucks we have ever owned.
the chipper is chippy
the boxer 320 is boxey
the soil knives are referred to as Sparta (like the swords from 300)
the tree laupers are called Cindy
and the tree boom for the Boxer is the Shakalaka
mostly silly crap but the trucks are always named after the newest guys last girlfriend, I can 't even remember why any more

Hey guys, so here's a summarized update direct from Meteor.

After the presentation I sent them they recognized that there is a difference in design of the Meteor brand from the OEM, but also informed me of the 441 pieces of this part sold in the last 3 years to the world market, with never so much as a peep making it back up the pipeline to them as far as this design difference presenting any issues whatsoever.

With that being said I would make an assumption that anyone who has one of these pistons currently running their saw or a customers saw I likely wouldn't be too concerned as no issues have been reported in 3+ years.

The other assumption I will make is that Jeremy (AdirondackStihl) is smarter than at least 440 people worldwide, but that's just an assumption.

Meteor is looking into revising the design in the future to make it as close to OEM as possible and to avoid the small chance that it could pose a threat to the coveted 10mm 044.

This is a solid example why Meteor is a fantastic company to do business with and deal for. Their responses to issues have always been strong and quality focused without a doubt!

In the meantime I have since chosen to hold off on offering the pistons to the public right now, if you want one and are willing to live with this slight imperfection I will be obliged to offer one to you (even though I may not have them in stock.)

I will also be liquidating them for a very reasonable cost if anyone has any interest.

Chris

I don't think the Meteor Company is fantastic. I believe, they knowingly misrepresented their product. If they were fantastic, they would have have been upfront with their product with distributors and end users. No way does the engineering, drafting and management staff not know their product is different from the Stihl OEM. I believe they've made a conscience decision to hide the truth. It would be nice if they had the balls to fess up. Oh, and I do like their product. deereguy

I really think that they found the issue, knew of nobody complaining about it or at least not a large number of failure s and because of costs to correct. .. did not. Things like this cause them to re-tool the mold and could result in dropping that item completely. Seen a couple happen like that with other brands.... just not cost effective to fix or that they just don't sell enough to make it worth the effort.

Back