Mid-Life Crisis Thread......

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fish

Tree Freak
Reaction score
Fri. 7 p.m., reading the posts here, feeling a tad blue...............

I used to have fun on Fri.

Can someone shoot me? At least Andy Griffith is on............

He let Barney have that one bullet.......................................

Sorry, I just feel a little low................

We don't ever get any younger. Neither do our old saws that need our attention nor our new saws that want deperately to show you what they can do. Neither does the wood that needs to be cut and harvested.

Throw your head back and plow in. That's what living is all about. :bringit:

It's a myth.. that "a" mid-life crisis is a singular event.

It's a series of crisises.... that escalate to a cresendo... then decline slowly in intensity (as your testosterone decreases.... ).

I'm down to one every two years now... At 45 it was one a month.

So.. Fish.... if this is your first.... they will get MUCH worse before getting better.

Feel better now?

Last edited:
It's a myth.. that "a" mid-life crisis is a singular event.

It's a series of crisises.... that escalate to a cresendo... then decline slowly in intensity (as your testosterone decreases.... ).

I'm down to one every two years now... At 45 it was one a month.

So.. Fish.... if this is your first.... they will get MUCH worse before getting better. Feel better now?

I do, even if Fish does not. :cheers:

The secret to success is to rid the waves.....

MLC(s) were put there to make us act out, and by consequence experience the sweet fruits of the dark side... thereby extending our lives (usually) by removing the suicidal thoughts that follow depression.

So Fish.. if you're just going to sit there and stare darkly into your cheap suds, get a frigg'n life. Start with an 18 year old.. car, woman, or scotch .. doesn't matter which, but just get out get there and do it!

We'll be here to pick up the pieces and get you ready for round two, three etc...

Last edited:
The secret to success is to rid the waves.....

MLC(s) were put there to make us act out, and by consequence experience the sweet fruits of the dark side... thereby extending our lives (usually) by removing the suicidal thoughts that follow depression.

So Fish.. if you're just going to sit there and stare darkly into your cheap suds, get a frigg'n life. Start with an 18 year old.. car, woman, or scotch .. doesn't matter which, but just get out get there and do it!

We'll be here to pick up the piece and get you ready for round two, three etc...

Wow, I'll take the 18 yr. old woman........... And get back to you guys.........

Who is depressed????I am just a tad harney.....................hourney........

Rebecca de Haourney............. She is an old woman by now, but
who is counting?

Lake, you complete me................

What you need to do is go out and try to do the things you used to do.
Tomorrow you will find out that sitting here reading posts is fun.
I'm not too old to cut the mustard....I just haven't found a reason to cut mustard! lol
Mike

Don't feel bad Fish, Your still on the
right side of the grass. I have 2 buddys
that are in bad shape. One was working on
cable lines and got zapped then fell 30 plus
feet on his head. He is alive but not good.
my friend in Florida who restores my carburators
for my muscle cars just got diagnosed with
level 4 brain cancer and no one wants to do
sergury. Not good.

Regards Lee

I've already re-lived my youth:

Bought a Harley.
Sold it, and don't miss it.
Leaves more room for saws and stuff!

I don't know that we are as old as we think (our bodies) are. I think one's interests just change over time and one day a person wakes up and realizes that they have moved away from earlier (younger) interests.

I look around my community and see some people in their 30s and even some in their mid 20s who can't even come close to keeping up with Stihlsawing, Turnkey, etc.

Although I am only 42, I am still somewhat of a rarity here in that I still see absolutely nothing wrong with filling up my truck and trailer with wood by myself, or of shooting a moose and hauling it out of the bush alone. Sure, there are younger guys who can do more and do it faster - just the same as there are older guys who can do more, faster. The point is, I do it because I want to do it.

Some people around here are too quick to quit doing what keeps them young and all too often I hear, "I can't." That's a load of BS - the truth is that they won't because they don't want to.

If your interests have become more cerebral, then so be it. If you choose not to do something, that doesn't mean that you can't - right?

Come to think of it, I think I'll pack flour next year to see how the younger guys like it. :D

I've already re-lived my youth:

Bought a Harley.
Sold it, and don't miss it.
Leaves more room for saws and stuff!
My neighbor bought a Harley, crashed it, can hardly walk, and is maimed for life. He can't even pick up a chainsaw and run it, can no longer walk behind his lawnmower, is five years younger than I am, and now looks ten years older.

Fish, you are in good shape.

My neighbor bought a Harley, crashed it, can hardly walk, and is maimed for life. He can't even pick up a chainsaw and run it, can no longer walk behind his lawnmower, is five years younger than I am, and now looks ten years older.

Fish, you are in good shape.

Are you trying to depress the guy more? Dam it now Im sad!! lol...

Ain't nuttin' but a number.........

I will be 50 next year, and I am getting ready to take the AMGA single-pitch climbing instructor course, so I can take kids rock climbing and be considered legitimate. Noah lived to be something like nine hundred fifty years old. So we don't move as fast as we did at eighteen. At least we know better which way we should move. Less wasted effort. Don't let nuttin' stop ya bro!!!!!!!!!:rock:

Latest posts

Back