Mid Virginia GTG?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

GoRving

I have talked to another member a couple times about the possibility of having a gtg on the farm here. Nothing is definite yet, of course. I just wanted to see how much interest would be shown on the matter. Guido is another member that is fairly close by, so I would like to see what he thinks. The farm here is loaded with mature hardwoods, and a neighbor has a skidder to pull the big stuff on site. It would be about 10 minutes off I-85 with easy access to the farm. Wife likes to cook for large crowds( or few). Springtime, maybe? These pics show a good spot for the main site. Just fishin' for ideas. Camera battery died. Only one pic.

I would definitely be interested. Did you mean I-95 instead of 85? Where exactly are you located?

I would definitely be interested in doing it. Family Tradition is also here in Richmond and there are probably others in NC that could shoot over the border. As I recall, GoRving is in South Hill, which is off of I-85.

We will need to keep in mind that IPJoe and others will be at the Heritage Festival in South Boston at the end of April/beginning of May. I tried to find the dates for next year's show, but did not see them.

Let us know....

I would definitely be interested in doing it. Family Tradition is also here in Richmond and there are probably others in NC that could shoot over the border. As I recall, GoRving is in South Hill, which is off of I-85.

We will need to keep in mind that IPJoe and others will be at the Heritage Festival in South Boston at the end of April/beginning of May. I tried to find the dates for next year's show, but did not see them.

Let us know....
Hmm... Might be interested :)

Probably be at the Heritage festival if we get invited up again :cheers: A great show to be at!

I would definitely be interested. Did you mean I-95 instead of 85? Where exactly are you located?
Guido is right. I'm down in the southern part near South Hill.
10-4 on that.

Let us know....
Yes....Igpoe is who I spoke with initially about this, and he has been busy on the road lately, but when the slow season comes soon, I think we can count him in, for sure.
I'm interested! Might have a few friends to bring along.
That would be great.

Probably be at the Heritage festival if we get invited up again :cheers: A great show to be at!
You were one of the first AS members that came to mind, as I know the "Carolina Gang" NEEDS to be here!!(If that's at all possible)
I would like to move to that area, so I would definitely be interested.
Thanks! Would be glad to have you here.

Dates

Let us know....

There's the fest in South Hill Im demoing on the first weekend in April. The first weekend in May is our local Halifax Co. fest. No other dates set in stone for me yet. Butner NC show will be in Oct. and I/we will go there as they have a Great fest!. Go RVing obviously has a beautifull spot and central location. I can show up any time other than these demo dates, but I'd really like to have some time available between shows to help Rick get his set-up of logs and stuff organised. I'm guessing the middle to latter part of May would be good. Any and ALL need to speak of their preference of dates so their opinion will count for something. And NO crying if the chosen date doesn't suit YOU!.
Do we welcome both new-style and vintage or be selective?(silly)
Igpoe:cheers:

There's the fest in South Hill Im demoing on the first weekend in April. The first weekend in May is our local Halifax Co. fest. No other dates set in stone for me yet. Butner NC show will be in Oct. and I/we will go there as they have a Great fest!. Go RVing obviously has a beautifull spot and central location. I can show up any time other than these demo dates, but I'd really like to have some time available between shows to help Rick get his set-up of logs and stuff organised. I'm guessing the middle to latter part of May would be good. Any and ALL need to speak of their preference of dates so their opinion will count for something. And NO crying if the chosen date doesn't suit YOU!.
Do we welcome both new-style and vintage or be selective?(silly)
Igpoe:cheers:

Thanks, Dean! I know that wood-cutting and hunting seasons are upon us, but if you think a cold-weather gtg would fly, I'd be willing, but whatever you think is what we'll do. :)

You are always requested AND required to come to our fest.........I thought you knew that. We might allow 67Mustang to come if he promises to behave and stop Waxing his saws like they were classic cars.
IpJoe?:cheers:

Thanks, Dean! I know that wood-cutting and hunting seasons are upon us, but if you think a cold-weather gtg would fly, I'd be willing, but whatever you think is what we'll do. :)

Rick,
I'm afraid there's no time to prepare for one now as it is cold, people are cutting firewood, and the Holidays and the associated "Honey-Do" lists are growing longer too fast for most right now. IMO We'll get it done and all will be happy. Planning is the key and you will need time to get your Mall ready!
We want to attract chainsaw people from FAR away
Dean (Igpoe):cheers:

Hey all this is sounding good to me and I might bring LP if he will be good. Like Dean said what are we going to run old or new so we'll know. Whichever one if there's room we'll bring all we can haul.
Joe

Rick,
I'm afraid there's no time to prepare for one now as it is cold, people are cutting firewood, and the Holidays and the associated "Honey-Do" lists are growing longer too fast for most right now. IMO We'll get it done and all will be happy. Planning is the key and you will need time to get your Mall ready!
We want to attract chainsaw people from FAR away
Dean (Igpoe):cheers:

Thanks, Dean! We will make this a fun event. I've never even attended one! If we can get that old Mall going, I will be happy. :cheers:

You are always requested AND required to come to our fest.........I thought you knew that. We might allow 67Mustang to come if he promises to behave and stop Waxing his saws like they were classic cars.
IpJoe?:cheers:
Thanks Dean, and no chance of getting him to stop, but he does make them shine really nice!

Hope to have a few older saws running by the Heritage festival! :) haha

Back