MidWest SawFest IA MO spring GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't think so... but we didn't cut it open to see either..
Why would you need one on a strato saw?
Should pass emissions test without one...

curiosity... I don't own a strato and have not worked on one yet. So I don't know much about them. Does this tune just like are regular ol' saw with the three screws? I was more curious about the carburetion on this saw since the 5100 and 5105 had epoxied carbs and carbs coming way to lean from factory.

:)

Last edited:
curiosity... I don't own a strato and have not worked on one yet. So I don't know much about them. Does this tune just like are regular ol' saw with the three screws? I was more curious about the carburetion on this saw since the 5100 and 5105 had epoxied carbs and carbs coming way to lean from factory.

:)
The low side is identical to any conventional... The high has an additional butterfly that opens for WOT fresh air only that routes around to the exhaust side. I'm guessing a similar porting approach as the 550 or 562 would work on these, but have not seen the guts, so that's pure speculation.

Are you Iowa boys getting this snow and wind,I just talked to the GF and she said they had it most of the day. She lives 3 miles N. of of the Mo. line on hwy, 169.
Jim here is NW Iowa we send our snow over to N Il.

We have just a dusting of it on the ground at best.

The low side is identical to any conventional... The high has an additional butterfly that opens for WOT fresh air only that routes around to the exhaust side. I'm guessing a similar porting approach as the 550 or 562 would work on these, but have not seen the guts, so that's pure speculation.
What kind of gains have the pros been seeing on these saws?

Not that there aren't lots of good 40-50cc saws but I have to wonder how sporty a redmax 4500 would be after porting. They are so light and power already...

Latest posts

Back