Mighty vac 04000 question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

merc_man

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Just got a used pressure vac tester today. Was wondering if anyone else has this modle. I notice that the presure port dont register on guage only the vacuum. Was thinking of getteing a low pressure guage and plumbing in to the line off the pressure port to see if that will work.

Anyone else have this modle and how do you guys get a preasure reading.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

e0f58d55239428e92fd85cc723f03e77.jpg

Heres a pic. You can see the port on front and port on top behind where gage mounts

I had a plastic-body Mityvac (cannot remember the model) years ago: it only did vacuum.

When it broke (good riddance!) I replaced it with a metal-body 8500, which is a dual function pump (vacuum + pressure).

You can tell if your model is dual function by looking for a pressure switch near the gauge attachment: if it's not there, your pump only does vacuum.

I just tried a air guage on a tuben the presure port and it built presure and held so should do all i need to. Just weird how it has two separate ports. One for vac and one for presure

One is the intake, the other is the exhaust.
One is the vacuum, the other is pressure.
The plunger inside of the tool is a piston and it moves air just like in our saws.

To have the Mityvac use a single port for both functions would require a cluster of internal passages & valving and then it would probably be much more expensive!

That should do both. I have that model (?) I think (looks the same) and it does both. You need to move the cap to the vacuum side when pressurizing I believe....

That should do both. I have that model (?) I think (looks the same) and it does both. You need to move the cap to the vacuum side when pressurizing I believe....

That is correct!

My dad has that model and we have used it for 20+ years without a problem.

You have a good one there!

Latest posts

Back