• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Mildly Ported Husqvarna 272XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This stuff is really tough. More like epoxy resin than regular pine pitch. I'll get it. Just gotta spend an afternoon scrubbing the bugger. Then I'm gonna want to paint it, and then.....

So far it's just been easier to put it off and keep running the saw with the beat up old cases....

That reminds me Jacob...........................do you have a nice spare fuel tank/rear handle for this series?

It's the HD version 272 filter.

Yep. I put the HD filter setup on mine too.

CAM00329_zpsa89b4a88.jpg

so the saw is sold and the thread is kinda derailed i guess it's ok to say that i have a couple of tanks for these saws Aaron. i'll take a look before and send it along in this box'o'mac.

I dont know about all that. That dang Dexter Day is giving me a run for my money.:rock: Really gotta keep an eye on that one I tell ya.:ices_rofl:

so the saw is sold and the thread is kinda derailed i guess it's ok to say that i have a couple of tanks for these saws Aaron. i'll take a look before and send it along in this box'o'mac.

Thanks Shane! Much appreciated.

For removing pine pitch WD-40 is your friend.
Sent from my Autotune Carb

I've had these cases in a tub for a while, and spray 'em down from time to time with my 'special sauce'. Kerosene with a bit of ATF mixed in. Softens that stuff right up.

Thanks for the info on the air filter, my 272p doesn't have that style.

The parts are listed in the 268XP and 272XP IPL's. You need to change the intake elbow along with the filter. You remove that whole black plastic box/filter arrangement and the cross brace that supports it.

Latest posts

Back