Milling and woodworking

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wood working

I find the process of taking mill wood and doing something with it interesting. A lot of people on this board have good Idea's to share with others. The planer thread had some great idea's without the slamming that goes on in other site's. I had a thread maybe a year ago about taking some fir I milled and making a lean too out of it. Everyone that replyed was very friendly and the sorts. Just that making a lean too with my own lumber made me feel great. So even if a person makes a lean too or fine furnature I believe people on this site will make them feel welcomed. BUT WE HAVE TO TALK ABOUT TOOLS ALSO:givebeer:

To be honest, just don't have enough time to be really active on multiple sites. This computer is always on, and I jump on for a few minutes whenever I need a break from the shop (where I'm spending most of my day today for example) or just passing by the keyboard. If I was active on several sites, I'm afraid I'd get hooked into too many discussions or topics. Hey... the world is just too complex and interesting. I seriously have to discipline myself to back away from some stuff. Anybody else feel that way or is everybody completely in control?:monkey:

I hear you, woodshop. Some of the woodworking sites are so big and active that you can't keep up... Our little milling corner here is nice, a few minutes a day keeps you on top of things.:D

I would like to see people's work, from tree to finished piece, that's cool. I don't expect to discuss table saws or dovetails here, but by all means share the results of your hard work!:rock:

Maybe next winter I will have something to show, made from my yellow birch...:laugh: Stay tuned!
Cheers
Dave :pumpkin2: :pumpkin2: :pumpkin2: :pumpkin2:

Woodsurfer said:
I would like to see people's work, from tree to finished piece, that's cool.
Well... I posted a thread a while ago that did exactly that, where I posted 23 pics starting with cutting down a tree all the way through to the finished product, which happened to be my avatar in that case.

http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=19822

Well, whats going to happen here is Im going to have to go out and build a shop, then buy all the tools to furnish it. Then Im going to have to work major overtime to pay for everything, and then quit my real job and work in the shop.

Thanks guys, once again AS is going to put a dent into my family time, and my finances.

Woodsurfer said:
I hear you, woodshop. Some of the woodworking sites are so big and active that you can't keep up... Our little milling corner here is nice, a few minutes a day keeps you on top of things.:D

I would like to see people's work, from tree to finished piece, that's cool. I don't expect to discuss table saws or dovetails here, but by all means share the results of your hard work!:rock:

Maybe next winter I will have something to show, made from my yellow birch...:laugh: Stay tuned!
Cheers
Dave :pumpkin2: :pumpkin2: :pumpkin2: :pumpkin2:

Heres mine...Its since been completed, siding is all on, and railing is on. I still need to cut in the windows, and build a door.

http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=33944&highlight=playhouse

Interesting

I like the AS milling site because for all of you guys I can get the information I need. I have been to other sites and if I jumped from site to site all I would be doing is sitting at the comp.

Latest posts

Back