Milwaukee M18 Chainsaw on the Way

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rayjay257

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I already have the Stihl MSA120C homeowners saw along with two 16" gassers and my 20" O39. I rarely ever run the little gas saws so I have decided to get rid of them. Home Depot has an online only deal going on the Milwaukee where you get a free 12ah batt and free shipping so I decided what the heck.

I have 3 trees I want to fell that will be perfect for a 16" saw so I am anxious to see how it does. I'm super happy with the Stihl cordless but I do abuse it occasionally. I am also going to hack some battery adapters so I can use the Milwaukee M18 batts in my B&D, Ryobi and Milwaukee 12V tools.

I've got a Home Depot Homelite and a pretty nice Stihl 010

ugEKNL5.jpg

I finally got to use the Milw today. I had a 6" hardwood that was curved out over my chain link fence. This tree has several bare spots and a large dead section about 2/3s the way up the trunk. I did the felling cuts with my Stihl cordless and switched to the Milw for the bucking. The thing does a great job. Not as fast as a gas saw but not slow either. I bucked out 18 to 20 sections plus a few limbs and the batt was still showing 4 bars. All in all I am very happy with this saw.

I finally got to use the Milw today. I had a 6" hardwood that was curved out over my chain link fence. This tree has several bare spots and a large dead section about 2/3s the way up the trunk. I did the felling cuts with my Stihl cordless and switched to the Milw for the bucking. The thing does a great job. Not as fast as a gas saw but not slow either. I bucked out 18 to 20 sections plus a few limbs and the batt was still showing 4 bars. All in all I am very happy with this saw.

I picked one up a few days ago, and decided to use it on a stump in my backyard. I don't have any more plastic Poulans and I'd rather not use one of my nicer pro saws for stump work, so it was a good opportunity to try the Milwaukee. It did fine; I think it'll be my go-to saw for chopping up stumps.

Latest posts

Back