Mingo firewood marker

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It doesn't matter if she's a little long or a little short does it? I guess if all your pieces have to be exact it would be a great little gadget. Just kinda seems like a waste of money to me.

I use a mingo because I need 3 rows of wood to fit on a 48" wide skid. It only seems like a waste until you use it a few times.

I've had mine for six months and still use it every time I'm cutting (every other day since I bought it). I figure if it's still being used it was a worth while investment. Think I'm on the same can of paint. I did try a few different cans because some seemed hard to trigger... I discovered I was tightening the wing nut on the wheel too tight. I do find mulberry bark very slippery and hard to keep the wheel tracking properly, especially the smaller branches.

Just spotted this thread. Man, I started this thing four years ago. Have I really been hanging out with you rejects for that long?

You know I am kidding. Some of the best folks in the whole world hang out here. Just surprised to see that post from four years ago!

Cut weight saving, bling looking holes in it, chrome it, slap on a super low profile racing tyre, and re-mount it so the marker is sitting as low as possible to the tree, fit the biggest, most heart-peircing sub woofers you can get to blow the bark off every beat of the meanest gangsta tunes you can find, then you got some pimped out, blinged up woods-cred going on, dawg.

If you can find somewhere to mount a tinted window or two, heck, even tinted perspex - just anything you can't see in or practically out of, then that's extra points right there.

Last edited:
Can I get a kit with different sized wheels? I cut wood in a variety of sizes for different clients.

Mingo makes one wheel for 6", 12" and 24". They have seperate wheels for 14", 16" and 18".
I cut my wood to 12" so I have the wheel suitable for 3 different lengths.

Back