mini mac running problem FUEL???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newbee

Reaction score
Hi folks A newbee here, I just finished tearing apart and cleaning a mini mac i got for free, the saw runs strong for a few seconds but then quits, starts fine right after but does the same thing..The air filter lookied like it had a fury cover over it as well as the fuel filter, anyway thought this was the way the parts are??
Thanks for any help

That's what they usually do. Put it on a shelf and admire how clean it is. At least it won't get full of oil and sawdust.
Scott

The first thought that comes to mind is carburetor problems, such as gum in some of the fine passages. I worked on one of those small McCullochs a few years ago that would not run correctly no matter how the barb was adjusted (after being rebuilt). The solution was to take the carburetor from a similar parst saw and rebuild it, and afterwards the little saw ran fine. Have you checked the compression? That would be a good indicator of overall engine condition. Also, you may be dealing with a leaking crankcase, which would involve major disassembly, resealing the flanges, and/or crank seal replacement. The latter is not really a practical repair for what the saw is worth.

Latest posts

Back