mini skid steer pro and cons

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duffer

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
he everyone i am thinking of buying a mini skid steer but i would like to know
how often you do use it. i demo a vermeer track model also tried the wheel
model. the wheel model was less damaging on the turf. do we really need this unit. a demo is 17,500 k here. this is not a small investment if it works 5 days a week then thats OK, i also concern about damaging the turf. i have reading the posts that some of you have put here, i would appreciate your inputs on this

tires

Does the Gehl have different tires on it? I don't see how skid loaders (working all on the same principal I imagine) would cause more or less damage to sod unless one came with turf tires as opposed to a more aggressive tread (well aggressive for a little while, spinning around on concrete will turn them into 'turf tires' before too long.

i do not think there is difference, i would really like to know how much you do use this machine,
thanks duffer

The machine rolla is speaking of isnt a skidsteer , it's an articulating loader and i think it would be alot easier on lawns than a skidsteer but might be a problem using it in a hilly or steep enviroment.

Back