Mini skids revisited.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Prowler (same as Boxer) will feel track marks on wet grass. My Gehl AL20DX does not. I was wondering if smooth tracks like they have as an option on ASV loaders would work well for the minis. I would like to try a set if someone made them. Tracks do not work as well as wheeled units when going over curbs or other bumps. It will rock too much.

I tryed the model (600) before they put tracks on them. I was a good strong little machine. Sure it is better with the tracks. How much are they asking? They are real nice with a grapple.

Has anyone used over tire tracks on a mini skid steer. Wheeled units are usually cheaper and if you needed the extra flotation you could put them on.

I love this thing. We moved alot of wood today off of this silver maple. Backed the dump trailer right up to the hill, layed the ramps flat and drove the logs right into the front of the trailer. What a load it was 14ft-7ft-5ft stacked nearly solid( thankfully alot of it was hollow). And filled the back of the chip truck after going to dump the full load of chips.

Rolla,

80" to the hing pin

Not bad but i still sish it would lift another foot or so.

Price revision 18500 for gas 21,500 for the diesel..

The Bobcat 463 and the New Holland LS120 lift a foot higher and can be had for less money. If you haven't bought yet give them a try.

Only problem with a 463 is you have to be under 5' tall to fit in one.I rented one once to haul gravel between 2 retaining walls that there was only 40" of clearance between.I ended up going and getting my at the time 13 yr old daughter out of school to run it I was crammed in the cab like a sardine. My at the time 6yr old son enjoyed running it around the yard moving dirt.

The gas engine is good. If it has a major breakdown, they are relatively cheap to replace, $800-1000. Try pricing out a small 20hp Kubota diesel engine. Over $3K.

I have a Gehl AL20DX, but the multione has much more lifting capacity and dump height than the Gehl. I am really happy with the Gehl, but I wish I had more than 700 lbs. of lift. We took down a big eucalyptus today and used the Gehl. A machine with more lift would have nice. That way I wouldn't have had to cut the logs up as much.

Latest posts

Back