Minnesota,Wisconsin,Iowa, Dakotas GTG's thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks to all who attended yesterdays festivities! We knew going in that we hit the weather perfectly-But even we were amazed by all who stopped by! With Dave going home with the crud we were working one man short-so we did not get the bs time Todd and I would have liked! We will be planning some type of Grand Opening after we get rolling in Grantsburg-Either during Big Gus Days or maybe the Waterskip weekend later in the summer.

The look on Grizz's face says it all, those old Macs are hard work.

John

Should have brought the 17" or 24" bar for it along, much better for small stuff like that than the 32". (and easier on the back too) Still makes great mulch for sawdust. But Super 44's 6-10 Mac was making some good-sized chips as well.

I ended up spending 2 1/2 hours there. Some BS ing and some cutting. That 6-10 is really a Pro Mac 60 according to the 600036 on the tag. I normally cut hardwood so it was a real surprise to stick the bar in that softwood. It did not want to cut real good. After I left I went just south of Osceola and cut enough wood to fill my snowmobile trailer. Got home and went out and cut and split for a couple more hours. I was pretty used up by the time dark came around but it was a good day.

I ended up spending 2 1/2 hours there. Some BS ing and some cutting. That 6-10 is really a Pro Mac 60 according to the 600036 on the tag. I normally cut hardwood so it was a real surprise to stick the bar in that softwood. It did not want to cut real good. After I left I went just south of Osceola and cut enough wood to fill my snowmobile trailer. Got home and went out and cut and split for a couple more hours. I was pretty used up by the time dark came around but it was a good day.
It was good to talk with you again Bob, that chain on that little Homie was pretty viscious, but needed about 3 more horsepower to get the most out of it

John

When I read what you posted about the PM60 I remembered what you told me. Don't know how I came up with 6-10 again, might have been the fresh air got to me. Put the carb kit I got Saturday in my scrap pile PM 700 yesterday, it fired right up like usual but the carb needs a little more tweaking and more fresh gas run through it. It would have been nice to have a little heads-up race between the 2 little Mac's.

Hey speaking of Macs...do any of you guys have a 10 series Mac parts saw with the Walbro carb? I am looking to ditch the bullfrog carb on mine.

When I read what you posted about the PM60 I remembered what you told me. Don't know how I came up with 6-10 again, might have been the fresh air got to me. Put the carb kit I got Saturday in my scrap pile PM 700 yesterday, it fired right up like usual but the carb needs a little more tweaking and more fresh gas run through it. It would have been nice to have a little heads-up race between the 2 little Mac's.

I have 2 Pro Mac 60's and they look very different from each other. I sense dueling Macs in the future.

I've got a "old" and a "new" 10-10 Mac's and 1 PM 555, it's basically a 10-10 with a different name. One 10-10 is a runner, the other runs but the auto oiler doesn't work and I put the clutch on the other 10-10. The PM 555 is a "runner" but the oiler button is broken off and it smokes like none other, think the oiler diaphragm might be leaking into the crankcase, tried adjusting the carb but no results. Also have a Mac 2-10 with the bullfrog carb, I got the last OEM rebuild kit from a Mac shop in MN a few years ago, just have to put it in one of these days.

Latest posts

Back