• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Mint Jonsered 920 powersaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deviousdave

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello, I have an awesome jonsered powersaw for sale. Got it from an old farmer who seldom used it in ohio. He took the chainbrake band off, that is the only part missing. Comes with all original literature and ipl. 400 shipped. IMG_0130.jpgIMG_3023.jpgIMG_6163.jpgIMG_0003.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the replys. There is no bar, I'm sure a brake band could be sourced easily. This is an awesome saw, I'm tempted to keep it for myself, it keeps up with my 2094 no problem and has a wicked exhaust note. I also have a new carb kit to go along with the sale.

Thanks for the replys. There is no bar, I'm sure a brake band could be sourced easily. This is an awesome saw, I'm tempted to keep it for myself, it keeps up with my 2094 no problem and has a wicked exhaust note. I also have a new carb kit to go along with the sale.

Brake bands for these saws aren't easily sourced. It's one of the first pieces to be lost on the 820/830/920/930 series. I've been accumulating parts for these for going on 20 years and I've only been able to buy two brake bands in that time.

Hate to be a smarta$$ but the fine print in that link's ad said "sorry but this part is currently unavailable".That's still a gorgeous saw, if I were only made of time and money.

Hate to be a smarta$$ but the fine print in that link's ad said "sorry but this part is currently unavailable".That's still a gorgeous saw, if I were only made of time and money.

I already knew that it was unavailable before Dave posted that link, because I'm the one that bought it...

That saw is still ALMOST enough to get me to break my self imposed no projects rule.

You can tell by the case that it's a low-hour survivor, and those are very hard to find anymore. Most were rode hard and put away wet. But I'm not going to have a guy tell me that a part is easy to source when I've been looking for 20 years for the same parts.

I apologize for saying the part would be easy to find, you appear to be the expert on them. Thanks for letting me know. I agreed with the old man I bought it from, that a chain brake wasn't necessary on a 3 foot bar. However that is just an opinion. Cheers, Dave

I apologize for saying the part would be easy to find, you appear to be the expert on them. Thanks for letting me know. I agreed with the old man I bought it from, that a chain brake wasn't necessary on a 3 foot bar. However that is just an opinion. Cheers, Dave

Some people place high value on a working chain brake, others don't. I have many saws without a chain brake that were originally equipped.

Some parts for these saws are readily available- covers, starter parts, clutch/clutch drums, oil pumps, etc. But other parts are drying up like cranks, brake parts, mufflers, etc. It's almost impossible to find a gasket set anymore.

Latest posts

Back