Minty Stihl 026 goes to low bidder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great find and it went right where it was supposed to go.:yourock:

Mr. HE:cool:

I would have liked to have run that 026 a little bit to see what it feels like compared to my 260; too bad Nick lives far enough away to make that impractical. However, he'll get more good use out of that saw than I ever would have; I can hardly run all the saws I've got as it stands now. But that won't stop CAD from returning and I do love the thrill of the hunt on CL, searching for those hidden treasures!

Olyeller

I cant find any deals like that!!!

Did I mention the guy included a Stihl case, an extra RSC chain, original owner's manual and a scrench? I pull the right side cover to clean and it's beautiful underneath. And the broken lever is all I can find wrong with it.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I pull the muffler cover and the piston and cylinder look perfect; the factory knurling is still on the piston. The muff cover is the older model with four holes, not the choked-down single hole EPA version. No limiter caps on the adjustment screws. It could use a new air filter, however. Big deal.

And now the end of the story: I have a MS 260 that's like new, so I'm thinking I'll sell this gem of an 026 to someone here on AS and make a modest profit. Then on Saturday, our niece and her husband Nick, who is a contractor, and their baby come for a weekend visit with us. They're a great young couple, just getting started in life. Nick walks into my garage and says, "What's up with all the Stihl chainsaws? That's some quality stuff you have there." I laugh and tell him about my CAD, and how I just picked up this 026 even though I don't even need it. He tells me he's recently upgraded to an Echo 40cc for his business because he sometimes gets yard jobs along with fix-it jobs. So of course, I ask him if he wants this 026 for the $100 I've got into it, and his eyes just light up and he can't thank me fast enough or often enough.

So we enjoy a very happy long weekend just hanging out and being family, eating good food and drinking fine beverages in our 70-degree California sunshine. And Monday night Nick carries home a minty new Stihl 026 that he's bought at low bid. And I'm a happy guy.

Until CAD strikes again, that is!

Olyeller

Rep for sharing your find with family....That one pic. the underneath of it,,,you can see it wasnt used or abused.....
When I get a chance to get online thats one thing thats fun is searching on c/l and see whats around your area...Never know,,and maybe might find me some good deal like you got!!! :cheers:

Did I mention the guy included a Stihl case, an extra RSC chain, original owner's manual and a scrench? I pull the right side cover to clean and it's beautiful underneath. And the broken lever is all I can find wrong with it.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I pull the muffler cover and the piston and cylinder look perfect; the factory knurling is still on the piston. The muff cover is the older model with four holes, not the choked-down single hole EPA version. No limiter caps on the adjustment screws. It could use a new air filter, however. Big deal.

And now the end of the story: I have a MS 260 that's like new, so I'm thinking I'll sell this gem of an 026 to someone here on AS and make a modest profit. Then on Saturday, our niece and her husband Nick, who is a contractor, and their baby come for a weekend visit with us. They're a great young couple, just getting started in life. Nick walks into my garage and says, "What's up with all the Stihl chainsaws? That's some quality stuff you have there." I laugh and tell him about my CAD, and how I just picked up this 026 even though I don't even need it. He tells me he's recently upgraded to an Echo 40cc for his business because he sometimes gets yard jobs along with fix-it jobs. So of course, I ask him if he wants this 026 for the $100 I've got into it, and his eyes just light up and he can't thank me fast enough or often enough.

So we enjoy a very happy long weekend just hanging out and being family, eating good food and drinking fine beverages in our 70-degree California sunshine. And Monday night Nick carries home a minty new Stihl 026 that he's bought at low bid. And I'm a happy guy.

Until CAD strikes again, that is!

Olyeller

Now that's a great story, almost wish I had a paw-in-law that NICE. Or even a paw-in-law that had the same type of CAD disease, it'd make it so much easier to visit the inlaws. Otherwise, it's a great find and a great ending as well. :clap:

I can not believe you gave 100$ for that worn out saw that you couldnt even properly start up. :dizzy:

Kidding aside, great deal, and :cheers: to you for helpin out the family

Latest posts

Back