Missing a gasket or two (I think) in Husky 257

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keithandstef

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hello all. Been awhile and hope everyone is doing well. Question please for the experts. My oiler keeps getting caked inside it with gunk, and I think I may be missing a couple of small gaskets. It's hard to see on the oiler, but there's a hole just above the + sign, bottom left corner if you will, and then the top right. They are holes with nothing in them and the bottom left on in particular gets stuff behind it.

On a separate note, there's perhaps a missing gasket to the left of the "EM original" stamp. Agree? Not sure what purpose that hole serves as it goes straight through to in between the handle and main case.

I've looked at parts breakdowns and can't find even the gaskets and rubber plugs that are visible, let alone those I may be missing. If I'm missing them, can someone please point me in the right direction to get them?

Thanks.

1jm1cx.jpg

Nothing missing I can see. All saws of just about any manufacturers will get junk behind the pumps. Just nature of the beast. If you try to put gasket material behind the pump you would likeluly run out of clearance to get the clutch and worm gear together. If the junk getting behind it bothers you silicone is a option. Just use it sparingly.

Agree. Nothing is missing. My 257 has the same issue. Not sure what the four corner holes are for but the two nearer the oil pump bolts are to remove the pump. You. Install two 5 mm bolts and tighten them.

Agree. Nothing is missing. My 257 has the same issue. Not sure what the four corner holes are for but the two nearer the oil pump bolts are to remove the pump. You. Install two 5 mm bolts and tighten them.

Thanks for responding. What is the huge hole to the left of the EM stamp?

should be a rubber plug in that hole. the back side of your bar cover has a peg that fits into the plug/bushing.

i looked on a 257 ipl and don't see it but did on a 261 ipl. should be the same. part # 503-72-31-01. check with your local husky dealer to verify. if your 257 doesn't have the peg on inside of cover then your saw never had it -- i think.

Husky # 503855201 rubber sleeve is what you need it goes under the plastic cover on the brake

Thanks guys. Turns out my clutch/brake cover has a little pin that inserts into that hole. I can't cover it up, unless I grind off that little nub in the cover.

that pin isn't suppose to be covered up, you need the part i mentioned. your dealer should be able to get it.

Latest posts

Back