Missing some PNW people tonight.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
21 rivers under floodwatch. 8.55" in Amanda Park today on the coast. When the water gets 450' above flood stage on the Green River I'll start to worry.

Frigg.... spent the past 4 hours pulling blackberry and crap from the culverts (why me? 'cos the rest of the the community are obviously idiots!). Water all over the roads, and we were in the RAIN SHADOW last night... Now we're not.. Still have power.... for now.

Gologit: thanks for the PM....

Last edited:

I don't know why I do, but I honestly miss the foggy, misty, no-sun shining, near constant rain during spring, and scary 800+ inches of snow and avalanches during winter, conditions I had when I lived up in Glacier Washington. The PNW is amazing guys. I wish I grew up out there. The 2 years I spent out there went by way to quick. Best wishes to those who are living in those harsh elements. I remember them well. Ohio's weather is a complete joke when compared to the PNW.

Pretty quiet from up that way. Damn weather. Let's hope everybody is okay.
Jani and I are alive and well. We live on a plateau 1100 ft elevation with a fall and winter only creek nearby. If we flood everybodys gonna be hurtin, General contractors out trying to keep our road from washing away tho at least theyre trying before its gone I think thell be able to save it. Cowlitz down by Slowps supposed to have major flooding tonight so hope shes OK.

I'll be saying an extra prayer for slowp tonight, and all around that area... I was listening to a local radio station online, when they said they had to cut power to move out'a there.

Any online news coverage of all this flooding, with pictures or video?

I was just on Snoqualmie Pass this last spring... Lot's of snow up there still. Got to see a camper and minivan that were left there all winter... Both were completely caved in.

Thanks for the link Andy!

My 5 Year old niece is in the hospital in intensive care in Tacoma...

Holy good God in Heaven!! It's worse than I imagined! I'm gonna have to email my cousin in Bellingham to make sure they're okay too!

Bellingham is getting hit hard too.

They just said the Puyallup River crests at 30'. It hit 34' in 1917 and is expected to hit 36' sometime tomorrow morning.

Back