Missing some PNW people tonight.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
windthrown

windthrown

361 Junkie
Nice neat shifted road sections there Andy. You going to take some of that aspault road home for your driveway? :jester:

I went up to Mt Hood for ski patrol stuff on Saturday and man, what a friggin' mess the Mt Hood Highway is! :cry: Just north of Sandy there is a 2 block long stretch of highway that is missing the sidewalk, guard rail and half a lane of pavement. All are now down a 300 foot slope. That will have the entire main mountain access bottlenecked to one lane all winter long. It will be summer before they fix that one. I will go around through Estacada, and only loose a few minutes, instead of a half hour at least. That detour crosses the Pudding River, and there is a half mile section of that highway that was under water. Just the other side of Sandy there is a quarter mile of guard rail 'ribbon' that was torn from the side of the road and left 50 feet down hill. Must have been a wash out of snow and water and debris. Looks weird.

Major avalanche warnings up there in the Cascades now. Snow and ice in layers makes for a nasty combination.

slowp
Glenoma is a mess. Two big slides. One will be a poster child for the anti-clearcut people, even though there are as many or more slides that were in timbered areas.

We now have a stoplight in the east county area. Some people have trouble handling it. I saw a car sit through a green light yesterday. I think they were confused, probably hadn't been out of the area for a while.

The highway is busy with lowboys hauling equipment around. I see we got a new culvert in the highway which is draining one of the lakes like the old one should have.

The National Guard kid wasn't checking IDs, you just had to tell him you live up here and he'd let you go. I guess there was a State Patrol pulling cars over and checking IDs. But I think the local one knows most of us.:)

We have all the comforts of civilization back. The highway is noisy again.
That's my report from here.

Griffbm3

Griffbm3

ArboristSite Guru
Got the last road drain cleared out today... water's going down...

Here's the highway to Duvall.... 2 miles away..

attachment.php

Glad to hear you guys are okay...

However, with the prices of asphault around here, I was hoping you could go out and package up that center section that is layed across the road. I just did a shipping quote on it. Figure it was 12x20. Giving it a weight of 100 pounds per square foot would yield 24K pounds. It would be cheaper for you to ship that giant center piece to me via ground than for me to have one put in next to my driveway for the truck...

I would be happy to have HarborFreight ship you a cut-off saw to use for the clean up. I could even through in a whole $100 for your troubles. Thanks in advance Andy, I'll PM you my address.

Jason