mixing oil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crashagn

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have been ponderin about this also.. I use regulary everyweekend.. cept durin field work and harvest time.. my fishin boat .. its a got a ole 5 horse and a i gots the weedeater.. with a plywood blade for trimmin .. and then the jonnyred52e saw..And i just purchased a stihl 011av off of ebay.. i read that most of everyone is using stihl oil for chainsaws.. Is this gonna damage my engines in the long run? i have been using marine 2cycle mix 50.1 for everything.. am i in the wrong? i just dont like to have 2-3 different gas cans sitting aournd.. i make a 3.5 or 5 gal mix for everything

ShoerFast said:
crashagn

You do need air-cooled oil/mix in your air-cooled engines, as the oil is differant.

Just label the cans with a sparpe if you need to keep everybody on the same page.

Kevin

Dang .. ok so now what about the 50.1 mix for the weedeater and jonyred saw.. is that a bit to much or should i also rethink on that?

Marine mix for marine use, air cooled mix for air cooled use. You need two cans, one for the boat and one for everything else.

alright alright.. just needed more of a opinion.. Tks for the responses

(gee glad i have a extra 4 gas cans layin around)

Back