Mobil MX2T ???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ben, thanks for the heads up on the Klotz. Some of my post was meant to be toungue-in-cheek...I still have 3/4 of a case (12) of Citgo synth blend; cost 27.50 early last spring, works out to about 2.29/quart (Retail off the shelf at the gas station may be more).

My point really was that there must be other options out there if the Mobil product is a pain in the neck to get. I can get the Mobil for $4 a pint in that other town, or about $32 a carton (get that markup for single unit sales!).

So far the Citgo oil hasn't hurt anything.

The citgo stuff is a good product and is actually the same exactr thing as Echo's premium oil. At the price you are getting it for its a real good value and I would stick with it.

MX2T Mobil Oil.

I've been checking around to buy this oil, to no avail. The Autozone stores, Advance Auto and the local Wal-Mart stores don't carry it and don't plan on getting it in, from what I'm told. Ive checked with the local motorcycle shops and the largest chainsaw shop in our area and they don't have or plan to carry it. I've also checked the local Mobil gas stations. One knew of it, the rest didn't. I have visited avlube and with shipping it will cost $4.08/pt to get it to Ogdensburg, NY. According to the Mobil 1 oil site, Advance Auto Parts are supposed to be a dealer for their oils. I've sent an email to Mobil, sales and service and asked why the stores are not stocking it. Of course, no reply. It's a bit frustrating, as a company that's as large as Mobil doesn't have better marketing of their products. I run Mobil 1 oils in everything I own except for my 2 cycle equipment and would run it, if I could get it. I've had relitives check in Syracuse, NY to see if they could get it and so far not a drop found anywhere. It's like what gives. Looks like if you live in a particular part of the country, you can get it. Guess I might as well order it from avlube. Was hoping to find it and see what the price was locally, before I ordered it from avlube. As one of the threads stated, we should flood Mobil with a bunch of emails and see if they can start distributing it, a lot better. OK, rambled on enough. Take care everyone. Lewis.

Hi Ben, et al,

I`ve been buying the MX2T at AutoZone in Oswego, NY. I bought some earlier in the summer at the AZ in Fulton, but when I went in there a few weeks ago I couldn`t find it, and the new manager had no recollection of carrying it while he had been there. When I asked about ordering some he told me that AutoZone couldn`t get it so wouldn`t I be just as happy using some generic monkey piss that he had on the shelf instead? I mean why not, it`s only for a chainsaw right? I repeated that I had bought it there earlier in the year and can currently get it in Oswego which is only 11 miles away. He so much as called me a liar or delusional. The cream obviously doesn`t rise to the top at AZ.

I can still currently get it in Oswego and will gladly help anyone I can in obtaining it in smaller quantities. If you need case quantities, the link provided by Ben is the best deal but I haven`t asked about buying by the case at AZ and getting a discount yet. I`ll look into that later in the week and report back.

I will say that it is obviously a great oil after running quite a bit of it, well, 5+ pints anyway. I`ve got a couple of saws that I`ve torn down after running them on the 2T and they`re are clean as a whistle and slightly oily inside. Smoke from the exhaust at 40:1 is also almost non-existent. All for the price of OEM oil and with the endorsement of Fish, what more could a guy want.

Russ

AutoZone couldn`t get it so wouldn`t I be just as happy using some generic monkey piss
Translation-The lazy b@stard didnt want to get of his butt and order it. I know for a fact the AZ cand order you any product that another AZ store stocks as I use to buy 5 gallon buckets of diesel motor oil that had to be ordered from another store because my store didnt carry that quantity.

FWIW, I'm getting MX2T from the local Checker Auto. They carry two 2-cycle "motorcycle" oils. MX2T and Valvoline. They also carry a couple of cheap 2-cycle oils. The MX2T ain't cheap-$5 per pint but oh well- a buck or buck and a quarter per gallon of mix isn't over the top.:)

Mobil 1, Motorcycle 2 cycle Oil.

Hey guys, just was on Advance Auto Parts webpage and found, Mobil 1, Motorcycle, 2 cycle oil. Part #98503P for $3.48. Doesn't say if it is for a pt. or a qt. I think it's for a pt. Is this the same as the MX2T Mobil 1? It can be ordered on line and sent to your local store for pick up. What do you think? Anybody bought or know of this oil? Is it the same as MX2T? I would sure like to know. Thanks, lewis.

Thanks for the reply, bwalker.

Just tried to get back to advance auto parts and had problems finding it. Finally found it as partamerica.com. I registered and set up an online account and will order the oil there. I would think that if they had to ship to my local store, that the local store would call me when my order came in. Will give it a try and see. Thanks again. Take care to all. Lewis.

I haven't tried it yet (and by tried it I mean switched over to it) but when I do, I know to go to the two-stroke oil area of the Autozone, then turn and head over to the automotive oil, to the Mobil section, and find it there.

I do have trouble feeling good about using a product mis-labeled as "two cycle" (about as descriptive as "face cord") oil instead of "two stroke" oil.

Almost fully caught up now after almost two weeks away...

Glen

Originally posted by glens
I haven't tried it yet
I do have trouble feeling good about using a product mis-labeled as "two cycle" (about as descriptive as "face cord") oil instead of "two stroke" oil.

Almost fully caught up now after almost two weeks away...

Glen

Glen don't be such a perfectionist about the diff between 2 cycle and 2 stroke cycle. It saves ink and trees.
I was going to ask "What happened to Glen?" but when I did that about Mquinn, she returned and upset Rocky Squirrel. If I was responsible for your resurrection I don't know WHAT Rocky might do! Lol!

Frank

So this oil is "synthetic"?, which keeps these geek/pussies making
incessant posts about the benefits thereof?

Isn't it hilarious, that the use of synthetic, or not, has no
difference on anything. The forum is just blathered with total
blowhards telling all of us about this or that!

Most of the rednecks around here just use whatever mix we
sell, and they are happy. We are not working on the space
shuttle!

Originally posted by Fish
So this oil is "synthetic"?, which keeps these geek/pussies making
incessant posts about the benefits thereof?

Isn't it hilarious, that the use of synthetic, or not, has no
difference on anything. The forum is just blathered with total
blowhards telling all of us about this or that!

Most of the rednecks around here just use whatever mix we
sell, and they are happy. We are not working on the space
shuttle!

This may not be the space shuttle, but from I have gathered the better synthetic oils are cleaner burning and will make equipment last longer!

That is good enough for me!

As I have stated in another thread, I haven't been around for a while, but I must say, This "Fish" character makes some excellent points. Echo Premium 2-Stroke has never given me any trouble. If I spent $3.50 for a Pint of mix oil , that company better have some very nice calendar girls.

clean burn

Hey Rich, you're not worried about clean burn in all those new saws you've been collecting are you? Your buying the good stuff cause good lube makes the saws go faster, right? Goes faster will put you in a higher orbit, rocket science, NASA, Space Shuttle, Yhea, higher orbit, about where the wife would put me if I showed her my wish list of more saws I'd like to have and then told her I needed to build a garage as big as the house to store them in.:D :D :D No wait, I do have a garage bigger than the house. :D

Re: clean burn

Originally posted by geofore
Hey Rich, you're not worried about clean burn in all those new saws you've been collecting are you? Your buying the good stuff cause good lube makes the saws go faster, right? Goes faster will put you in a higher orbit, rocket science, NASA, Space Shuttle, Yhea, higher orbit, about where the wife would put me if I showed her my wish list of more saws I'd like to have and then told her I needed to build a garage as big as the house to store them in. No wait, I do have a garage bigger than the house. :D

I see your meds have you talkin' out your arse!!!:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back