Mobil MX2T ???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
meds

The meds are working, I hardly notice I'm being a pain in the arse. Now, if it doesn't rain too much tomorrow I'll get to run the saws. I sharpened the chains so I can test 4 different types of chain tomorrow on the PP7900. There is a 100# burl on one of those maples I want to cut loose and bring home. I got some pictures of it today with the digital, now to figure out how to post em.

FISH;

I realise you have consolidated a lot of data regarding the benefits of this and that kind of synthetic and dino oil, so I wonder if you can give me some advice. I have many part bottles of different kind of oils that I have purchased in sampling to see which one gave the best results in my saws or which scent I preferred coming out my exhaust etc. Storage is a problem. What I am contemplating is mixing them all together into one super blended Creme de la Creme of 2 stroke oils.
1. What would you recommend as the best all around mix ratio?
2. Would you recommend High Test gasoline.

Thanking you in advance,

Frank

Oil derived from squeezing Fish is the best. It`s also reputed to be good for your triglyceride levels. :D

Russ

MX2T Oil at Advance Auto Parts.

Got registered at Advance Auto Parts, website, and tried to order the MX2T oil on line. They list the part number as 98503P. You plug in your zip code and check availability at the 3 closest stores and they say it's in stock. But when you click the checkout button, it comes up that the availability is not there and want you to call 887-808-0698. Will call and see what gives,tomorrow. What a run around. I've also tried to find it at Auotzone, under a quick search. but can't seem to get any type of motor or engine oils to come up on screen. Have plugged in 2 stroke and 2 cycle oil in the serch box and nothing pops up for those oils, either. I can plug in any type of part for my car or truck and you can get it to show up on screen. I've even tried to log in lubricants, no go. Almost gives you the impression that they don't handle or sell oil. Frustrating. OH well, guess I don't need it that bad. OK, talk to you guys later. Lewis.

I think all of these subjective testimonials about high octane,
synthetic oil, stabilizers, etc. are just that, silly testimonials.

They all have a rabid support group, but in the long run,
their claims are just dog poop.

I live in the real world, and have nothing to do with modified
saws.

But I digress........

No, You won't find it that container. My Stihl bottle was empty and I spent a little time getting the Mobil stuff in there.

Originally posted by sedanman
No, You won't find it that container. My Stihl bottle was empty and I spent a little time getting the Mobil stuff in there.
All you've got to do is reach into the bottom of the top chamber and pull the rubber plug, fill 'er up, then re-insert the plug.  Which is what you did, right?

Glen

Actually, No. I looked at the little stopper but it's hard plastic on this bottle, I didn't think it would tolerate being disturbed too many times.

Dear Dr. Woodtick

I wanted MX2T, but I was passing by Farm & Fleet yesterday and bought a quart of Citgo semi-synthetic air-cooled 2-stroke oil instead. The label says it meets EG and JASO standards, and only cost $2.29 per quart.

Doctor do I need help?

As per Fish's instructions, I mixed some rabid dog poop into some low octane fuel. Took a while to mix, but man, my saw just SCREAMS!
THAT, friends, is digression.

To assume the engine will last longer, is just an assumption
derived by one's belief of all of the hype about synthetic oil.

Rarely does a saw get rebuilt because of ring wear, but usually
because of a lean seizure. If wear was a concern, then dirt
ingestion would be the culprit, not the oil.

But I digress.....

Convince me.. Not just blather some infomercial crap...

Fish, Pretty much what I was getting at in an earlier post when I said clean air was more important to me than 40 or 50 -1 mix. The same applies to synth oil.
I am light years from a pro, and some friends won't run anything but synth in their moto-x bikes, it seems to me, like much ado about very little. Clean air, sharp chain, good mix, happy saw?

Originally posted by bwalker
That is a good product also. Its actually the same thing as Echo's premium oil.

I'm glad to hear that. The stuff was right there on the shelf staring at me and I grabbed a quart.

So what does "synthetic blend" actually mean? That's what the bottle says. Part dino-oil and part synthetic? That's what it sounds like.

Get any snow up in the Negaunee country yet? We got a couple inches here last night about 50 miles south of Superior, Wis.

So what does "synthetic blend" actually mean? That's what the bottle says. Part dino-oil and part synthetic? That's what it sounds like.
Its a solovent refined dino and polyisobutene (PIB) blend. Here is the msds file for it. http://www.docs.citgo.com/msds_pi/257072.pdf
PIB and mineral oil blends are about the only way you can get a dino oil to meet the iso egd spec. They are not as good as a pure ester oil like MX2T from a performance stadpoint, but they have some desirable properties that esters do not. FWIW this stuff is light years ahead of Stihl and Husky standard mix and is even more a value than mx2t.
Get any snow up in the Negaunee country yet?
About the same as you. 2" of heavy wet snow. Althoguh most of its gone as it has been raining all day.

Latest posts

Back