Mobilizing my Shop Welder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sagetown

Farmer and a STIHL
Reaction score
This machine is like an anchor, and was really hard to handle in the shop. Because the stinger and hot leads are so short, I decided that I would make the welding cables longer, plus get an extension cable for the welder, and put some wheels under it so I can get it outside the shop and back inside as easily as possible. Here's what I've got in the making so far. It now has a 25' Welder Extension Cable. I'm putting together enough lead cable to give me 20' for the Clamp cable, and 26' for the Stinger cable. I made some cable hooks, and clamped the Welder down to the bed of the cart. So far it's coming along pretty good.
View attachment 282272
View attachment 282274
View attachment 282275

Last edited:
This machine is like an anchor, and was really hard to handle in the shop. Because the stinger and hot leads are so short, I decided that I would make the welding cables longer, plus get an extension cable for the welder, and put some wheels under it so I can get it outside the shop and back inside as easily as possible. Here's what I've got in the making so far. It now has a 25' Welder Extension Cable. I'm putting together enough lead cable to give me 20' for the Clamp cable, and 26' for the Stinger cable. I made some cable hooks, and clamped the Welder down to the bed of the cart. So far it's coming along pretty good.
View attachment 282272
View attachment 282274
View attachment 282275

Nice pics and it should work well.
It's a pain when the shop is full with something torn down and you can't get close enough to the welder. It seems you can't have long enough leads sometimes so it is nice to be able to move the welder.

Hmmm! I could of put 25' of welding cable on them hooks. Today, I added 12 1/2' of cable to each side, and did a little welding. It hardly made a difference on the wagon, but it sure feels great when you need more distance. Here's the latest pic.
View attachment 282383

Hmmm! I could of put 25' of welding cable on them hooks. Today, I added 12 1/2' of cable to each side, and did a little welding. It hardly made a difference on the wagon, but it sure feels great when you need more distance. Here's the latest pic.
View attachment 282383

Aww look you ruined a perfectly good fishing cart...... :laugh:

Aww look you ruined a perfectly good fishing cart...... :laugh:
Yeah; these little carts are very popular. A lady has one for her overweight cat. She says the wheels are great, because they don't sink in the sand when she pulls it along the beach with her cat riding in it.

Yeah; these little carts are very popular. A lady has one for her overweight cat. She says the wheels are great, because they don't sink in the sand when she pulls it along the beach with her cat riding in it.

You live near o8f and his harem of snackies? :laugh:

So even the cat is on the large side :hmm3grin2orange:

You live near o8f and his harem of snackies? :laugh:

So even the cat is on the large side :hmm3grin2orange:
Hello deepsouth: Nah; 08f150 is a few hundred miles east as the crow flies. As for the cats. I've never seen so many overstuffed house cats as I have lately.:hmm3grin2orange:

It would have come with its own cart! ;~}

Hey;Fairbanks Stump: Yeah, you're right, but I like this set-up better. I had a steel wheel cart for my Acetylene Torch, and it was a bummer trying to wheel it outside the shop. I got one of those Chinese built bicycle wheeled carts for it. Very easy to maneuver, but one tire kept going flat.

When I broke the tire down, and began pulling the inner-tube out, it just kept coming out, and out, and out. That thing was bigger around than the tire itself. They just folded it up inside the tire until it fit, and filled it up with air. :hmm3grin2orange:

Latest posts

Back