Modded 390XP. It's a beast! VIDEO

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ya gotta love stair stepped huskies... I went 346xp, 365, 385xp... then threw bigger p&c's in the 346 & 365, shaved the cylinders down and ported the heck out of them.... makes filling the wood pile a whole lot more fun:) Now if I can just find time to tackle the 385...

Good stuff Brad.
I retuned the last 390XP you built me back to 13,800rpm down from 14,000rpm at this forestry course the other day. 200rpm made a massive difference, even on a 20" bar.
Have a play with the rpm's mate, I've found that they seem to pull better when richened up a tad. Both of my ported 390's seem to cut better at "slightly" lower rpm's than they came with.
Great saws.

Anyone have a good pic of these Tsumara light bars?

Yeah, it wasn't cheap to get it here, but it's one of those buy once, buy right kind of purchases. If I hadn't already had a few Tsumura bars for quite some time and been stoked with the way they held up, I definitely would of thought twice about this one. But the extra cost spread over the increased life of these bars is worth every cent and I'll keep buying Tsumura bars until, if ever, they let me down or go out of business, or get bought out and shut down by Blount, et al.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

there:msp_w00t::msp_w00t:

That 390 has both rpm's and low end grunt, a perfect large work saw IMHO. In that wood it needed more chain or an 8 pin, maybe both. I think you have a good recipes on your hands.:rock:

Sorry to let you down boys, but the weather is getting a bit cool for short pants.

Good stuff Brad.
I retuned the last 390XP you built me back to 13,800rpm down from 14,000rpm at this forestry course the other day. 200rpm made a massive difference, even on a 20" bar.
Have a play with the rpm's mate, I've found that they seem to pull better when richened up a tad. Both of my ported 390's seem to cut better at "slightly" lower rpm's than they came with.
Great saws.

This is what i have found to Matt, there is nothing wrong with a tad rich that is were the torque is and with the synthetic oils there is no ash or carbin and its a lot safer as well.:smile2:

Brad,

The video is awesome man, looks powerful and sounds awesome......................I can't wait to get it back and run it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brad,

The video is awesome man, looks powerful and sounds awesome......................I can't wait to get it back and run it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Those 390's run SO WELL.......modded they really are beats. Congrats man

Are we seeing the the next build off saw????

Great job on the build Brad. I wondered if that new technology was working in the Huskys too????

It looks like it runs good.

The bars are in san francisco now. I hope they make it by mid week. I bet it would loo:popcorn:k real nice on a 2188.:)

Back