Modding A New Old Stock Husqvarna 359

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think this type of muffler mod is far superior to adding a larger one up top as the latter is going to smoke the top cover.

Looks very sanitary, flat black is good for covering up eh?

Them 359s are runnin' sum biotches fo sure.

They just gots a stuffed up nose!

them saws are really under appreciated.

They were the higher volume saw, and got a cat for EPA credits?

Just open up the muffler and you can get a huge increase.

Looks very sanitary, flat black is good for covering up eh?

Them 359s are runnin' sum biotches fo sure.

They just gots a stuffed up nose!

wern't knocking on your weld.

They look good and flowed. Silver solder is really sweet!

Mmmmm, now this is a thread I can get into. I would do some dirty and nasty things for a NOS 359. One of my favorites.

I wanted this saw for a "all around beater saw" having never actually seen one in person. Cowroy helped me locate this one locally after I had tried several of the saw shops. The shop he found it in didn't even register as a Husq Dealer on the website. After I picked up the saw and left it on the kitchen table a couple days, I decided I wanted another one for the "beater saw" so Randy got me a very low hour one from Young that needs a piston maybe piston /cylinder combo.

I wanted this saw for a "all around beater saw" having never actually seen one in person. Cowroy helped me locate this one locally after I had tried several of the saw shops. The shop he found it in didn't even register as a Husq Dealer on the website. After I picked up the saw and left it on the kitchen table a couple days, I decided I wanted another one for the "beater saw" so Randy got me a very low hour one from Young that needs a piston maybe piston /cylinder combo.

You are quickly making me a jealous man. :hmm3grin2orange:

My 562xpw is sittin there to- Randy ported it a week ago. If enough of us ask- he might make us some "comparo" videos. :cheers:

WE WANT VIDS! WE WANT VIDS! WE WANT VIDS! WE WANT VIDS! WE WANT VIDS! WE WANT VIDS!

:wave::wave::wave::wave:

Did it help?

:D

My 562xpw is sittin there to- Randy ported it a week ago. If enough of us ask- he might make us some "comparo" videos. :cheers:

WE WANT VIDS! WE WANT VIDS! WE WANT VIDS! WE WANT VIDS! WE WANT VIDS! WE WANT VIDS!

:wave::wave::wave::wave:

Did it help?

:D

I plan on it. We try to cut one day a week to test saws and get out of the shop.........I'm Jonesin for some trigger time.

I've tried it both ways. It makes more torque and has better throttle response this way.

I agree with that 100%. I have also done it both ways.

I was concerned when I saw the picture of the cylinder base with the lines drawn on it. I was hoping that you wouldn't grind that much off of the base. Its not had to grind into the the transfer port area. Yep I had to weld up the very first one of those that I ported. LOL

I like those cylinders. The base metal is softer then on the 346,357,372 jugs but the plating is just as hard and any other jug.

Later
Dan

Mr. Randy, you really do some great looking work, and the pics are awesome. I'll be using my 385 a lot this spring and summer, but I plan on having you massage it a little next winter. No pics allowed, I've been inside it, and let's just say it could not be mistaken for reputable work.
Thanks for the great threads

Why did you used silicone instead of gasket under jug?

Back