Modding A New Old Stock Husqvarna 359

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the fireplace and burning wood but that is it. Id rather be cuttin, splitting , and stacking than sittin inside loosing my mind. Feb is always a rough month around my house. Summertime is my time.:rock:

I cut all year long, but man the Ground hog was way wrong this year, stupid gopher!

I cut all year long, but man the Ground hog was way wrong this year, stupid gopher!

I'll take what the gopher gave us. Get to start on my spring and summer projects and my productivity goes thru the roof. I dont think I could have taken another 6 weeks of winter.:bang:

12.1 lbs

I thought they felt nimble enough in the hands. Both of these 359s will be running 18'' 3/8. The 562xpw was bought with 20'' Techlite.

Whats the weight/balance of the 359? I heard that they were a bit lardy.

In stock form its numbers are nothing magical, although they are good. The 359's magic is in how well it takes to even simple and minor mods. The 359 is a different animal on paper than she is in the hand.

I watched Woodyman100s "Woodsported Husqvarna 359" on youtube and had to have a 359. It was a want not a need.

You may get to use your wood spiltter

I got to run my splitter on Sunday. Very pleased. I had a lot of cut offs "oversize cookies" that I would normally just throw in my fire pit but I have been hanging out in the firewood forum alot and thought about the all the btu's Im throwing away. In truth these weren't all cut offs- this tree was over 42'' across and they were cut in 8-12'' lengths so they could be handled- (dense solid Oak). KUB (Knox Utilities Board) dropped the tree next door to my Granny's house and the neighbor said I could get the wood. All the smaller stuff was already gone from the site, we got stuck with the logs from the trunk. We didn't have to cut- just load and go. Took a 20' flatbead trailer and loaded it. Only cutting I did on it was quartering it with the 2095 so that I could handle the pieces (I only split horizontally- 6'5'') I'm using all the wood from this tree- The smaller pieces burn just like the log length pieces. Got 1 row stacked and a good start on the next two stacks. Have the stackable wood there to finish up on. And then that big pile of cut offs. Im thinking about building a large bin out of several pallets that I can load so that the wood is off the ground. Im worried about if I leave it in a large pile it might not season properly. Anyways had a good time. Thinking about getting me some type of log table since I work alone. Between the Iron and Oak and my Fiskars- I'm pretty happy with my firewood toys. I still think I will get a Wetterlings Maul to have for the occasional knotty stubborn piece that test the x27.

Next task is to finish the maple you see in the background. Been saving them to try out these 359's and the 562. All that is split from the maple already I did with my Fiskars in an afternoon before Kari let me buy the Iron and Oak.

View attachment 285504View attachment 285505View attachment 285506View attachment 285507

Last edited:
Shirts off today. Im well on my way to my summer tan (in fact Im about as red as a lobster at the moment). Kari is jealous- I told her she should have come out and split wood with me.:laugh: (id of let her operate it while I loaded it.)

WELL , hate to jack threads , but just wanted to let you know, ANOTHER 30 -40 cm of the white stuff tonite into the a.m . hope your happy, on top of that 60 -70 km winds. :msp_scared: but I guess it still is winter for another 2 days.

dry... technically, this a 357...should be very close.

attachment.php

Holy :potstir:! If I wasn't a Husqvarna Fan before.......:rock:

Only missing one saw to complete my Husq shelf- 540xp.

Latest posts

Back