MODED Poulan Wildthing 2375

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only way to adjust the timing on those is to move the coil, or re-index the flywheel. The key is moulded into the flywheel. I have seen SEVERAL of those with sheared keys. The nuts don't get tightened enough at the factory. The saw kicks back on compression when you shut it down, and shears the key.

Advancing timing more than a degree or two on saw engines is flirting with trouble. That trick has been tried by lots of guys to cover up bad port work. Those engines do not live long from what I hear.

i modded my wild thing drilled a 3/8 hole in the muffler and tuned the carb, also pulled the limiter caps. I bought a .325 sprocket and bought an 18&20in. bar and chain combos, then i replaced the safety chains with carlton semi-chisel pro chains and i bought a dawg for it also

Last edited:
I thought about building one, just because they receive so much negative attention here on the boards. Just haven't been able to make myself buy one yet.

i ported one and did a muffler mod a while back for the shear hell of it lol i figured if i was going to try it, id use an expendable saw and if it held together long enough, i may try it on one of my saws lol. it was truely amazing at how much this little saw woke up after the muffler mod!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/79OPRW2CN_M&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/79OPRW2CN_M&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Ive got two small poulans in the shed, and I always take one to woods with me for anyone who would like to help! But I'll tell ya what, they dont cut terrible, start on the first pull everytime and will sit and idle all day long. So I'll keep them. At least, till they die. ha ha

You can check the amount of ignition advance with a self powered timing light and a degree wheel. Most saws are around 25 degrees of ignition advance.

Set the piston to top dead center and scribe a line on the case to a reference point. Start the engine and use the light to see how much advance the ignition develops. The advance isnt linear though and if I remember correctly comes in steps. Most cdi units have a start spark retard to keep the engine from running backwards.

Wild Thing, I think I love you!!!

That's it, I can't take it anymore. I'm going out to the shop right now and get into that little muffler!:chainsaw:

I to am an owner of a Wild Thing, its still in the box as I wait for my Husqvarna 65 to die, thing is still running from the 70's and I might just have to open up that box and mod the little wild thing.

i did a muffler mod on my 1950 wood shark and put a 12" chain and bar on it,,,this thing just plain screams

Went out and modded that little joker last night. This little sucker sounds sick!!! Revs hella fast, too. Can't wait to eat some wood with it, especially with the dawgs I added now!

:cheers:

Went out and modded that little joker last night. This little sucker sounds sick!!! Revs hella fast, too. Can't wait to eat some wood with it, especially with the dawgs I added now!

How do you add dawgs to a WildThing ?

How did you add dawgs, the oil tank has no place to mount an inner dog so I was wondering where to find an outer to bolt under the bar nuts?...is there a husky outer that will fit?

Latest posts

Back