MODED Poulan Wildthing 2375

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brad1000s

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Ok fellas before you start laughing at me or making fun of my saw, its because of you as to why i did this. The first mods I made were to the airfilter and carb. There is a little piece of plastic that covered the carb intake...that was removed. As well as the choke and choke rod. (holes filled with 5mm screws). Next, I did a little port work. I mostly opened up the exhaust port by cutting the top of the port to increase RPM... like a powervalve on a dirtbike. Last was the muffler. The spark screen was tossed. The muffler internals were drilled and opened up. The two little slits in the back of the muffler were closed off and hole drilled in the front of the muffler. In the end all I was after was to take a POS saw and make it cut.
"holy crap"! This thing revs like mad and i swear it cuts twice as fast as it did stock. Now i'll just see if it holds together.

Turn on the camera, tape the trigger, start it, set it down and RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Effective casualty radius for that much plastic and pot metal is about 5m. which is about the same as a M-67 Fragmentation grenade.:D

Sounds like a hoot for the academics of it.

Lotsa work though.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Ok fellas before you start laughing at me or making fun of my saw, its because of you as to why i did this. The first mods I made were to the airfilter and carb. There is a little piece of plastic that covered the carb intake...that was removed. As well as the choke and choke rod. (holes filled with 5mm screws). Next, I did a little port work. I mostly opened up the exhaust port by cutting the top of the port to increase RPM... like a powervalve on a dirtbike. Last was the muffler. The spark screen was tossed. The muffler internals were drilled and opened up. The two little slits in the back of the muffler were closed off and hole drilled in the front of the muffler. In the end all I was after was to take a POS saw and make it cut.
"holy crap"! This thing revs like mad and i swear it cuts twice as fast as it did stock. Now i'll just see if it holds together.

You still could have advanced the timing and removed the cylinder gasket, if you had room of course.

Hey Guys, New Here but been reading FOREVER!!!!! love this website...haha

ive been working onsome of my friends saws & have really gotten the knack for fixing chainsaws!! ive found a new hobby... lol

....i have a 2375 poulan as well that i have ported & muf modded, tuned as well, thing screams like mad, put a 3/8 chain on it and it cuts like mad...

however i have always wondered how the timing worked on the wild thing or any saw for that matter..., i havnt been able to figure it out (advancing)....

i just picked up a 4620 (quick adjust, horrible i know..., on a thanks giving day sale, refurb, 89 bucks) that i have switched to a PP295 standard screw adjust clutch cover/brake & it is lacking some HP/TQ.. it just feels sluggish for some reason...

my 42CC wildthing outcuts the PP4620 46cc.... muff modded(woke it up a bit) & tuned

the wild thing was the first saw i bought by myself, have rebuilt the carb twice but the thing rips, i just cant bring myself to get rid of it!!!

ive read alot about fixed timing coils & such.... how would i tell if its fixed or not(new to modding) :)

Thanks,
Erik

Wild Thing

Anybody on here can say whatever they want, but I bought a Wild Thing over a decade ago. I've added a set of dawgs to her and she's still cutting like new. I worn out a bar and plenty of chains, but the old green and purple is still cutting today. (only the small stuff, of course, since the addition of larger saws to the collection :))

:clap:

I've been wanting to do a muffler mod on her for a while now, I just can't decide exactly how I want to do it.

I ported one a while back and it was unbelieveable how much it woke up.
Must be a pretty good design, I guess that is why Stihl is copying it on all of their new saws!:poke:

Mike

I ported one a while back and it was unbelieveable how much it woke up.
Must be a pretty good design, I guess that is why Stihl is copying it on all of their new saws!:poke:

Mike

I thought they were made by stihl ??

Been wondering for awhile if anyone ever modded a wild thing,but i never had enough cojones to ask. I think this is hilarious.....................:givebeer::givebeer::givebeer:

Latest posts

Back