Moisture Meters

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a Wagner pinless and am happy with it. The only thing I don't like is having to adjust the values from the book all the time. The versions that have adjustment for species you use would be better in my opinion.
Ted

I too have a Wagner pinless... love it... one of those things I wonder how I did without when I didn't have one. No driving pins into wood, just lay it on the board and read the moisture. A bit pricey, but worth every penny for me because it works so well. Yeah was a pain at first to have to look in book to see what species read high or low... but in my case I mostly am only checking oak, cherry, walnut, pine... 6-7 basic species. After a while you get to know what reads high etc (has to do with different density of the different species), so no need to go to the chart. Besides, I don't often have to know EXACTLY what moisture content my wood is, just that it is drying or not, or that it is roughly 12-15% which is about as dry as you'll get here on east coast drying outside.

Harbor Freight

I have the Harbor Freight model. Its works..but I cannot vouch for its accuracy other than "it seems to be right"

thanks guys for your replies. it was a hard one the wagner are nice but but expensive down here for a good model, so i ended up with a delmhorst, came with data for australian timbers i guess time will till how good it is. thanks again!!

Back