money

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you looking for information 1st on how to spike a tree my advice would be to actually get a few years under your belt and not be a hack and actually know what you are doing before you can even but a dollar amount to your service.

do a search, should find plenty no how to bid. also do you have the experience, capital, and skills required to run this type of business? and this is probably the wrong forum for this thread.

If you looking for information 1st on how to spike a tree my advice would be to actually get a few years under your belt and not be a hack and actually know what you are doing before you can even but a dollar amount to your service.

yer but i am going to do a college and in a couple of years but i wanna know if it good enought to go self empolyed when i am older

Last edited:
you are going to lose your ass or over bid a few.

get used to it.it's part of learning.eventually you will learn how long it takes to get a job done and what your time is worth.

i think you will make fu9k all........ unless this is a p!ss take, but if you are for real i would give your self atleast 2-3 years experience under some one, unless you wanna end up causing fatality and injury to your self or others and damage to property....its people like your self with fu9k all experience and a gun ho attidude that give the rest of us a bad name.....get some experience...then you will know what it takes to price a job..:bang:

i think you will make fu9k all........ unless this is a p!ss take, but if you are for real i would give your self atleast 2-3 years experience under some one, unless you wanna end up causing fatality and injury to your self or others and damage to property....its people like your self with fu9k all experience and a gun ho attidude that give the rest of us a bad name.....get some experience...then you will know what it takes to price a job..:bang:

i am going to college and then going in to a complany and then come self empolyed

i am going to college and then going in to a complany and then come self empolyed
oi. *rolling eyes, choking on coffee*

Might be an idea to learn to type, spell, use spellchecker, English, I hear this is handy stuff in college. As for the tree stuff, by the time you get out of school there won't be any left and according to my crystal balls money will be obsolete, it'll be all trade & barter, so by then you'll get, um, like lunch and a chance to marry the farmer's daughter.
:D :D

:cheers: :monkey: (passes glass of milk over)

its hard

Hey bet,

you really would be better getting in with a firm, do your training get all the tickets you can and then take a job.

for some background, I have a degree in environmental management, and a masters in conservation management, I work half the week employed and half self employed, whilst i enjoy the self employed it is really really hard to break into without having reliable contacts and work. If your employed you dont have to worry about what your going to be doing next week or where the money is comeing from. most of my self-employed work comes of the back of me regular job. I must stress thought they dont compete as you wont hold onto your regular job if you start to take work away from that.

its not as easy as just being self employed. then there is the bigger issues if you want to buy a house, its :censored: hard to get a morgage when your self employed especially if you dont have regular contracts!

hope this helps

Charlie

oi. *rolling eyes, choking on coffee*

Might be an idea to learn to type, spell, use spellchecker, English, I hear this is handy stuff in college. As for the tree stuff, by the time you get out of school there won't be any left and according to my crystal balls money will be obsolete, it'll be all trade & barter, so by then you'll get, um, like lunch and a chance to marry the farmer's daughter.
:D :D

:cheers: :monkey: (passes glass of milk over)

i only have one year left in college

i only have one year left in college
Just ribbin' ya as the answers you seek are already discussed at length in numerous posts. Go work for a while in a tree service, you may find its not your cup of tea anyway, then again it may make you want to hit the books again and seek some sort of arborist certs. ;)

:cheers:

Just ribbin' ya as the answers you seek are already discussed at length in numerous posts. Go work for a while in a tree service, you may find its not your cup of tea anyway, then again it may make you want to hit the books again and seek some sort of arborist certs. ;)

:cheers:

if not my cup of tea i would not be on this site and i would not be going to college

Last edited by a moderator:
degreeit like a phd do u mean

For example: If you would go to a 4 year college and get a degree, there is a chance it would be called a Bachelor of Science degree in... Could be business, liberal arts, nursing, horticulture, music, engineering, forestry, etc...

Back