MONSTER TREE up for grabs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Treeinnovator

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
i just landed a big commercial account with over 600 trees to trim which will keep me busy for a while. at this point, with my schedule getting crazy, the monster tree would be easier to sub-out. are any of you interested? i have several close-up photos. throw a price at me and i'll add my finder's fee to it. location: MIAMI, FL

here's the page where you can find all the pics. half-way down (posts #50 and #51):
http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=33921&page=4

vharrison2 said:
Have you already quoted it? We are licensed in Dade.

not yet. i told them i was going to get some crane service prices first.

- the new owner takes possession of the house this week on 6/22.
- dump bins by SWS can be rented weekly including disposale for $300 to $500.
- the owner said bulk debris pick up is still active in this area. all you have to do is call the city. (unincorporated Dade). i doubt they will take the root ball, but who knows. but they'll take alot of the chopped up stuff for free.
- this is a corner lot with full access. heavy equipment will have no problem.

LOLOLOL!! Ekka, count me in for airfare and tickets to Disneyland, I'll work for beer! Good gravey!! "Finders fee." Schnork!
:sucks: :notrolls2: :popcorn:
:popcorn:

don't want the job, but judging by the pics I'd bid $5600 and have it done in a day ... no need to rent dump bins. there is no need for a crane either, especially if you don't have one . look at that nice center crotch that will allow you to rope off the overhang over the house. minimize expenses and make good money if you have the right equipment for chipping and sawing up all that mess that will come out of it

Last edited:
That tree is a monster! I wonder how McDonalds employee's that would take to cut up and load. I bet at least 50. Maybe just 25 if they are really worth their $6 an hr though. Good luck with it!

Power pruner, 346 and a 395. Don't necessarily need the power pruner. With the material as straight as it is, I'll take a couple dumpsters right next to the house, one in front, one in back. Now I can do this job out of a van.

As far as the stump, it will be cut ALAP for the excavator at a later date. My charge does not include removing the rootmass, just all materials above ground and getting them dumpsterized. I would dumpsterize the house, too.

$5,000

I'm throwing down a bid because I'm going down to Florida to see family in less than 2 weeks.

How far off Alligator Alley is the job?

Tree Machine said:
Power pruner, 346 and a 395. Don't necessarily need the power pruner. With the material as straight as it is, I'll take a couple dumpsters right next to the house, one in front, one in back. Now I can do this job out of a van.

As far as the stump, it will be cut ALAP for the excavator at a later date. My charge does not include removing the rootmass, just all materials above ground and getting them dumpsterized. I would dumpsterize the house, too.

$5,000

I'm throwing down a bid because I'm going down to Florida to see family in less than 2 weeks.

what's ALAP ??????
Alligator Alley (east side near Weston,FL) is about 1/2 hour from the beast.

John464 said:
don't want the job, but judging by the pics I'd bid $5600 and have it done in a day ... no need to rent dump bins. there is no need for a crane either, especially if you don't have one . look at that nice center crotch that will allow you to rope off the overhang over the house. minimize expenses and make good money if you have the right equipment for chipping and sawing up all that mess that will come out of it

a) you are so full of crap. no way is that a ONE day job.
b) you will need something (a crane) to take the 15 tons of weight off the house.

Treeinnovator said:
what's ALAP ??????
Alligator Alley (east side near Weston,FL) is about 1/2 hour from the beast.

ALAP as low as possible/practical on stump,if your not f.o.s treeinovator give treemachine the job,or are you?

a_lopa said:
ALAP as low as possible/practical on stump,if your not f.o.s treeinovator give treemachine the job,or are you?

i always hear the term "flush cut" around here to describe "ALAP".

Tree Machine said:

$5,000

if you're going to leave all the stump and roots, then you'll have to go lower probably. if i sub out the stump, someone's going to charge a bunch for it.

John464 said:

yeah there's a couple of good crotches on the top to get the job done.

Treeinnovator said:
- the new owner takes possession of the house this week on 6/22.

Hey guys, it's not too late to bid this direct and cut this guy out of the picture, just print the thread out and show the owner. :popcorn:

Sorry 'bout the ALAP, as low as possible.

I have a vision on this one, using pole tools to set rigging. Many of us do this, use a pole pruner or pole saw to set a rope or re-set to a different crotch. Those of us using eyed terminations on our ropes' ends can rig with pole tools, like the extendo-pole that Sherrill offers, or pole longths with a tool on the end(my personal favorite, a Jameson Wire Raiser. Here's a brief on how:

Put a steel biner on the eye. Use the pole to put it where you want to drop it, over another crotch or limb. Drop it off the pole. Move the pole around to the other side, re-hook the biner. Pull back to you. Clip the biner to the rope an pull tight for an instant choker. Set friction. Cut safely.

The 'crane limb' would actually be 3 or 4 of the central, adjacent leads, pulled together and secured, then a fat, rated sling chokered to attach the dual-pulley. I would set a 2:1 Z-rig. Poor man's crane, plus the 2:1 takes the place of friction in letting you hand-belay free of a device.

Then one limb at a time. I'll have a roof/ground guy, and a dumpster guy. roof dude will do cuts (just shorter than the dumpster) and dumpster dude, anything else needed.

OK, ok, I'm trolling you.

This thing's wild. It needs a lull and a 40 meter choker cable.
attachment.php

Last edited:
How bout some judicious house-side pruning and and we pull it back over and earth-anchor the big, lateral roots.

Mitigation.

It really just needs a mondo crown reduction, a mega-hedge pruning and a pull-over. I'd still be the guy to do that, but I would do that with much more joy. It's an awesome tree and I'll take on saving and securing it. That's not rocket science. But then again, this tree could wallop me broadside. Good chance I may not know remotely what I'm talking about. I've climbed a few banyans recreationally, but never carried cutting and rigging gear.

Same price, though. I vote for saving the tree, or at least opening the option to that.

:cheers:

Latest posts

Back