MONSTER TREE up for grabs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It wouldnt be worth spending a day there lightening one side "hoping"it will upright itself,sure it might happen but an 20-30t excavator with a grab would have that all over very quickly,if you cant work a simple job like this out treeinovator you couldnt knock $40 off my overheads let alone $40,000

Tio said:
Damn skippy I am being a smart a**!

Except for just a couple of you guys, you have gone for his throat at every opportunity.

You say you don't know the man but and all, but you still go after a man who keeps coming back here, AND this time he actually asked your advice.

What did he get?

A bunch of self righteous hypocrites who post in the middle of the day when they should be working.

There are a few of y'all who are the real deal. . . but for most part; I have no use for people who trash others on forums like this.

Shall I quote the replies?

Or do you know who you are?

I have seen serious questions asked and then seen the thread hijacked by a bunch of know it all elitists who might own a saw or two and try to lord it over others by making them look a fool.

In answer to your question. . . yes, I have, on a regular basis.

In reply to you and others like you; have you?

Or is it (with a few exceptions) just smoke and mirrors?

Yeah, you can post your pictures all day long and so can I; but on the internet, who knows what is real or not.

You can come here and try to make yourself look good. . .

Or you can try to educate.

Being a self righteous a** is not education.

Offering flippant remarks and facetious replies is not education.

Of course that is just my opinion. . . but then again, I actually work for a living.

Go ahead and ban away.

yeah, what he said !!!! :rock:

woodchux said:
Tio-minator ?

Nah son.

I ain't the same guy.

I don't have all my saws proudly listed.

The amount of saws you own don't make you a better tree-man.

It's what you do with them saws that counts.

Y'all want to talk about cutting your overhead?

Quit buying all them pretty saws and just run what you need for the wood you are cutting.

I own four saws.

A itty bitty one for climbing, a medium one for general purpose, a big one for the big stuff. . . and then the one what stretches out for when I need to reach something from the ground.

They all read stihl on the side.

They all paid for themselves many times over.

Tio said:
*chuckles to self*

Y'all are amusing the hell out of me.

The only autograph I want on one of my saws goes a little bit like this:

S-T-I-H-L

'Cept maybe Ekka's autograph with him bein' a movie star and all that.

Tell ya what I'll do.

I'm gonna cut-throat all of ya!

I am gonna bid $300 dollars.

I figure I will drive all the way to Florida from Kansas, cut that lil' ol' sucker up with a homelite, haul all the brush away in an s-10 (one. . . maybe two loads) and then drive all the way back up here with about five or ten grand profit in my pocket.

Now THAT is cutting operating expenses to the BONE BABY!

(and yes. . . I enjoy the heck out of feeding trolls)

Why don't we show them how we really do it in KS? 20 gallons of gas and a match, not a problem no mo'!!!!!
I likes the way ya think!!!!
Send me a PM Tio, I am curious whereabouts in KS you are!
Andy

I gotta see the video of this job getting done and how long it takes.

And for those who aren't experienced cutting ficus, beware.

Looks like an overgrown benjamina .... sap or latex of benjamina can cause severe dermatitis skin irritation to many people.

alap the stump hey, better have some saw files handy as they get lots of dirt between the buttresses and roots (aerial roots).

So, Treeinnovator first of all needs a hand bidding it, then wants some-one else to do it??

Strange dont you think?

Then he's a business advisr and can save us $40K, but I suppose that's a secret and till he examines your business (to pinch ideas) he's a bag of hot air ... just like this tree.

Treeinnovator said:
you guys know, whoever comes down here to do this job will have the privilege of meeting.... that's right.... "the treeminator" in person !!!
i'll give you tips on how to increase your efficiency and double your profit margins and if you're really good, i'll autograph your chainsaw.

Give me a break! :help: :sucks: :notrolls2:

Treeminator, i mean treeinovator, why dont you call in your gun climber James the narcoleptic tree cutter from the video threads.

Ps can you please send me a signed 8x10 of yourself to hang in my workshop. My friends will be so jealous if they saw i had your autograph:hmm3grin2orange:

sawinredneck said:
Why don't we show them how we really do it in KS? 20 gallons of gas and a match, not a problem no mo'!!!!!
I likes the way ya think!!!!
Send me a PM Tio, I am curious whereabouts in KS you are!
Andy

Gas?

I like to use a mixture of diesel and used motor oil on top of half a dozen ol' tires.

More friendly to the environment. Gets rid of the used motor oil so people ain't dumping it in ditches and on fence rows as well as eliminating those stacks of unsightly tires every good redneck accumulates out on the back forty.

Will do the PM later. Right now I gotta go to work and I don't wanna.

trevmcrev said:
Ps can you please send me a signed 8x10 of yourself to hang in my workshop. My friends will be so jealous if they saw i had your autograph

here ya go buddy, just what you asked for....
(see pic attached)

Do ya want me to do the job, yes or no?

if yes, I will write you up an estimate and a letter of intent. Send me half up front and I will sent you my itinerary. I will come down and do the job the following week and we can settle up fully afer the job is done to completion.

Tree Machine said:
Do ya want me to do the job, yes or no?

if yes, I will write you up an estimate and a letter of intent. Send me half up front and I will sent you my itinerary. I will come down and do the job the following week and we can settle up fully afer the job is done to completion.

not at $5,000....my current bid from a local sub-out is $2,000 with me supplying the crane and dump bin.

Crane trucks w/operator here goes for $120 an hour. Bins are $285 for a 40 yarder plus $42 a ton for green waste. Looking at min. of 6 bins plus 2 days with a crane. $2000 for sub.

Don't know what prices are in your area, but here you would be over $5000 already. But less your 40% innovative cost cutting techniques, I guess you will get it all done for $3000.:dizzy:

Koa Man said:
Crane trucks w/operator here goes for $120 an hour. Bins are $285 for a 40 yarder plus $42 a ton for green waste. Looking at min. of 6 bins plus 2 days with a crane. $2000 for sub.

Don't know what prices are in your area, but here you would be over $5000 already. But less your 40% innovative cost cutting techniques, I guess you will get it all done for $3000.:dizzy:

Hahhaaha

No wonder he's the cost cutting expert, something lowballers have to get good at.

$2000 for that over there, why bother, sap dripping crap.

An ole saying around here is "there's no money in big trees" ... and an ole timer responded "there is if you put the right money in the first place".

I just dont understand it when big trees are involved there's a race to the bottom of the bidding scale ... some people must like feeding their egos more than the bank account. :dizzy:

Ekka said:
Hahhaaha

No wonder he's the cost cutting expert, something lowballers have to get good at.

$2000 for that over there, why bother, sap dripping crap.

An ole saying around here is "there's no money in big trees" ... and an ole timer responded "there is if you put the right money in the first place".

I just dont understand it when big trees are involved there's a race to the bottom of the bidding scale ... some people must like feeding their egos more than the bank account. :dizzy:

i know what you mean. today while doing work on a community HOA, 4 different neighbors approached me for work. 5 hours later i had a profit of $800. the big jobs don't pay nearly as much as the little ones.

The big ficus

Man, you already got a quote from a sub for $2,000.00......that's cheap!
I wouldn't touch that tree for less than $5,800.00.

Xino5544 said:
Man, you already got a quote from a sub for $2,000.00......that's cheap!
I wouldn't touch that tree for less than $5,800.00.

well you have to consider that i have supply the crane and debris removal. so it's not that great after all.

the more i think about this tree, the higher i go. if i don't make $3,000 profit from it. screw it. it's not worth the potential problems.

You got that right.

I like the @ $500 jobs, get in and out quick, smack em down, most customers couldn't be bothered with 5 bids, if weather turns bad you usually got some money in for the day etc etc.

But when it's a big job on a removal the customer many times takes the cheapest bid, they just check the co's insured and go for the lowest bid ... end result is the same they think, trees gone, so why pay more?

Then you get the wankers who advertise "will beat any genuine written bid" .... tell me how many other trades do that?

We seem as an industry to cut each others throats. Free advice, free consultations, free bids, free stump grinds, free hazard assessment, .... all in the desperation of trying to get the job over some-one else. :dizzy:

Latest posts

Back