More 372's entering the pipeline

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So the story of "we're going to discontinue this great saw and replace it with an EPA certified model that's 2 pounds heavier" was just a hoax to get people to buy two or more saws that they wouldn't have normally bought so soon. It's an interesting marketing trick...

rmihalek said:
So the story of "we're going to discontinue this great saw and replace it with an EPA certified model that's 2 pounds heavier" was just a hoax to get people to buy two or more saws that they wouldn't have normally bought so soon. It's an interesting marketing trick...

It was a "Dallas" moment. Last year never happened.

Ben;

I'll call Husky on Monday and see if this is true. (And order a bunch if it is) I also wouldn't doubt that it would be some sort of "special edition", (a decal), and will have a higher price.

Everybody keep in mind that each saw doesn't have to pass or fail on it's own. It's all a matter of how the company wants to use it's credits. This is why Jonsered is still selling the 2171, which is essentially the same saw.

Husky's problem is that the 372 was so popular, that they accumulated too many negative credits. If they sell enough "clean" saws, there is no reason why they can't use some of those credits to sell some 372's. I'm sure they are still making it, which SAWTROLL can probably confirm.

I called my local Husky dealer to order a 372XP and he could NOT get it . I told him that was the only saw i wanted and didnt want any other thinking he was just wanting me to buy another model , he rechecked and said sorry . So i ordered it off the net .

i was asking a dealer here in sweden to give husky a call about how long the 372 was going to be made, and they told him this year out, but if some machines for making it broke down they would end it ,,,,,,

I guess the thing people wonder about with the Dolmar 7900 is replacement parts. With the number of 372s in operation, I guess (but don't know first hand) that replacement parts are easier to get.

I wonder what the cost of a new top end (piston kit plus cylinder)is for a 7900 versus a 372?

fishhuntcutwood said:
Yeah, heck I'm even thinking of getting one, and I'm a born and raised Stihl man. Inquiring minds want to know.

Jeff

I hear ya Jeff, Stihl man myself but still really curious. Maybe if I don't inhale? :dizzy:

I called a local dealer and he has 4 372's left @$749.00 w/ 20" bar. It seems a litle high to me?

While doing an Ebay search for 372 parts, I noticed a seller who sold what he refered to as an, EPA 372 piston and cyl., and a non EPA piston and cyl.
What could that possibly mean?
John

Latest posts

Back