More m-tronics coming

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Um yeah. I agree.

You're arguing. Niko is disagreeing. There is a difference.

I think you've probably got a tad excited about my comment. Now as far as videoing and documenting everything you've done to provide proof that you're running the best saw on the planet well that's fine. I have many videos running Dolmar 7900's and Husky 390XP's but does that prove they are the best saws going? In reality we need input from both a practical standpoint (your's), and a technical standpoint (Sawtroll's). You've taken what I said as a personal attack which is no different to how you've reacted to Sawtroll's comments. I don't agree with a lot of Sawtroll's comments either and have even taken a similar stance to you, although somewhat less aggressively.
The 441C's are an excellent saw. I think they have many things going for them and have never ever argued with you from an efficiency standpoint as I am well aware at just how good the M-Tronic systems are (I have owned a couple).
My biggest dislike of the 441's is simply their balance. I'm that used to the feel of 7900's and Huskies that it was just completely foreign to me. I also know Stihl guys that have picked up my saws and disliked the feel immediately too. I don't actually argue with them simply because they didn't like the balance of my saw.

No point responding in depth to your above comments Sam. Regardles of whether Sawtroll has gotten on your nerves or not your above responses are just down right condescending and nothing but a personal attack. Your reference to dogs sort of summed it up.
If you think some of us just like patting Sawtroll on the back because we feel sorry for him then I've got news for you. It's actually called respect for other members, something you need a lesson on.
As far as thinking Sawtroll hasn't ever got his hands dirty I think you really need to do a bit of homework on his background.

My comment in regard to the 261 and 241CM was simply to put things into perspective and to show that I am not simply a rabid supporter of one brand or one particular model. In larger saws I like Huskies and the 7900's. If I was to say I prefer a ported Dolmar 7900 over a ported 441CM then you'd be straight up for an argument quoting all sorts of facts and figures on production, despite never running my ported 7900.

Now I've agreed with you on many things, many times, but I really think you need to take Sawtroll's comments as simply a different point of view to your own.

My original post that you got so upset about stands. "Niko is no less passionate about his 346XP's than you are about your 441CM's".

That was worth quoting and repping. Kinda like the way he just "assumed" I was a dumb rookie because I mentioned the control switch on the 441 was flimsy. :msp_thumbdn:

There's no disagreeing with that dude without him trying to make you look stupid. And hell, I love the 441C :msp_confused:

I'm with Brad about chilling guys. I for one don't want to see either Niko or Sam refrain from participating here. And there's plenty of "out of line" posts on AS from the vast majority; not right to start picking up stones and such. I for one don't particularly care to see either of these two guys "called out" publicly - just don't seem right IMHO.

I'm with Brad about chilling guys. I for one don't want to see either Niko or Sam refrain from participating here. And there's plenty of "out of line" posts on AS from the vast majority; not right to start picking up stones and such. I for one don't particularly care to see either of these two guys "called out" publicly - just don't seem right IMHO.

I am by all means a nobody here but I see it the same! It seems to me that the holiday stress is slowly comming down on everybody so it might be time for everyone to take one step back. It's not only happening here in this thread but in multiple different ones.

"what we have here is a failure to communicate"

Disagreements are part of the game.

If you guys want Kumbaya, go to the fight thread.

Remember, what you put on the internet stays on the internet,(usually) choose your words carefully.

This place wouldn't be worth the time if everyone just went around in a big butt sniffing circle eh?

I'm pissed about it.......

Happy Pie soothes me though.

Pumpkin-pie-pops-1.jpg

So all of you AT/Mtronic gurus,

How many inputs, or points of feedback does the processor receive?

As far as the throttle position sensor there seems to be just a micro switch to tell the "brain" whether it is idling or not?

Do they really have altimeters?

Feedback for air/fuel ratio?

Timing adjustments?

Knock sensors?

Less than full throttle operation?

Just exactly how many inputs and outputs on these systems?

I guess I'm a little late jumping in here, but it seems to me a lot of our concerns would be eased if we follow a few guidelines, and I'll propose the ones I've thought of:

1. If you state something that is a fact, say so and point to the source (i.e. spec sheets).
  2. If you write something that is your opinion, say so.
  3. If you are not sure whether what someone else wrote is fact or opinion, kindly ask them in a response to their post.
  4. Stay away from things you do not know anything about.

I only run Stihls but it's not because there's something wrong with Husky. There's just very little dealer support here. Same thing with Dolmar. But I won't bash either one because I have not run them. I can only say that both companies seem to be well respected, and at least some of their products have a big following here on AS.

I think we do need to be careful about how we present information on this forum because a lot of new folks rely on us for advice, and visit long before they join. I know I did. We can best serve them by avoiding the confrontations and sticking to what we all enjoy, talking about saws.

I think Sawtroll is a great guy, and I'd like to meet him someday, as I would like to meet many of you! I'd like to hear your stories and tell you one or two of mine. I think we all have a lot more in common than we know.

Merry Christmas. Peace.

You're being silly, everything written on forums goes under section 2. If someone is pointing something out as a fact its usually still 2. If something really is a fact and a reference provided, then the hatter are still going to treat it as a personal opinion (of the manufacturer perhaps). :msp_w00t:

You're being silly, everything written on forums goes under section 2. If someone is pointing something out as a fact its usually still 2. If something really is a fact and a reference provided, then the hatter are still going to treat it as a personal opinion (of the manufacturer perhaps). :msp_w00t:

Perhaps. But honestly I do not think there's anything silly about asking for a little civility here on AS and offering some thoughts on how to promote it. If some of the people on this forum met on the street, do you think they'd talk to one another the way they feel so free to do here?

There's some sort of anonymity on the internet that makes this ok somehow. I do not agree with that. We ought to be able to state opinions and post facts and accept that others will have another opinion. But I think we can express that with respect for the individual.

Interesting to see what a single (one line) post that wasn't "slamming" or bashing anything or anyone can result in....:givebeer:

Interesting to see what a single (one line) post that wasn't "slamming" or bashing anything or anyone can result in....:givebeer:

I know man! I'd like to reply to sachsmo, but I don't think I can whip up a reply that has enough drama, insults, compliments, misinformation, or butt kissing. For now I'll just be content to sit and watch.

And please put up some more vids or your MS441C-M!

-thanks

"what we have here is a failure to communicate"

Disagreements are part of the game.

If you guys want Kumbaya, go to the fight thread.

Remember, what you put on the internet stays on the internet,(usually) choose your words carefully.

This place wouldn't be worth the time if everyone just went around in a big butt sniffing circle eh?

Not sure why you quoted me here sachsmo?
-No miscommunication on my end.
-I have indicated in each response disagreement is fine.
-Kumbaya?
-I did choose my words carefully, in fact I try to all the time.
-Butt sniffing?
Nope, I don't know what you are talking about.

Yeah Niko, I don't get that. I had no problem responding to your opinion even though we look at "that subject" differently. And I'd gladly share a brew wit ya'.

:cheers:

I guess I'm a little late jumping in here, but it seems to me a lot of our concerns would be eased if we follow a few guidelines, and I'll propose the ones I've thought of:

1. ...
    Stay away from things you do not know anything about.

Merry Christmas. Peace.

Good words to live by ;)

I think it would be unfortunate if Sam stopped participating in the forum, as he brings a real world perspective to the conversation. I don't always agree with him, but I respect his experience on the job, which gives him credibility. To the best of my recollection, he really does only comment on stuff he has direct experience with.

On the other hand, I think it's pathetic the way people let Sawtroll carry on here. I'm not going to take a stand against it, since it's not my nature and not worth the time (any of ours). But I think it's a pretty bad reflection on the forum as a whole. Qualified opinions are fine, and I appreciate it when Sawtroll shares them. But the unqualified knee-jerk brand bashing detracts from the conversation and wastes bandwidth. That's also not worth anyone's time if you ask me -- we can do better than that.

I think it would be unfortunate if Sam stopped participating in the forum, as he brings a real world perspective to the conversation. I don't always agree with him, but I respect his experience on the job, which gives him credibility. To the best of my recollection, he really does only comment on stuff he has direct experience with.

On the other hand, I think it's pathetic the way people let Sawtroll carry on here. I'm not going to take a stand against it, since it's not my nature and not worth the time (any of ours). But I think it's a pretty bad reflection on the forum as a whole. Qualified opinions are fine, and I appreciate it when Sawtroll shares them. But the unqualified knee-jerk brand bashing detracts from the conversation and wastes bandwidth. That's also not worth anyone's time if you ask me -- we can do better than that.

My Grampa use to say "smell the coffee before you drink it"; he was a good old Norwegian :msp_smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back