More m-tronics coming

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing against Stihl.............but its 2012 why is it so hard to find an M-Tronic saw? I would personally like to run one, finally..........have been running Auto-Tune saws since 2009.

Hard to compare apples to apples when one hand is empty.

No what you can't do is make a claim that something is weak, when such a person has never broken one and you can't find 3 people who have broken them. So it isn't getting butt hurt when a long time user of said linkage, knows of over 20 such linkage systems and none have ever broken.

So its one thing to make an ignorant claim that something is weak or but its another to prove its weak due to breakage or failures, and therefore it is a similiar situation where like here Sawtroll has no clue what he is speaking of, yet spouts his opinions as if they are fact, when they aren't, he hasn't even viewed 80% of the saws he speaks of with his own eyes in person, much less run them ........ certainly not in wood.

Its also like you in the past claiming that there was some issue with the Mtronic or some sort, I could search it, but don't feel like it, I ask for the names or locations of the Mtronic saws that had failed, you didn't have any examples when called upon it.

Carry on with your Stihl bashing.

Sam

ST does what he does because you and others react to it, you'd think people would learn buy now, I guess not lol.:laugh:

I in fact know of two M-tronic failures. I told you last time I was asked to not say names. Doesn't really matter anyway, for the most part the system seems to work fine, same with the husky AT system. Bashing? hardly, I'm simply not a fan boy, I call things as I see them regardless of brand, something most dyed in wool Stihl boys simply can't do.

Besides I'm sick with a cold and I'm bored.:popcorn:

Last edited:
Bashing? hardly, I'm simply not a fan boy, I call things as I see them regardless of brand, something most dyed in wool Stihl boys simply can't do.

Now thats not entirely true Andy and you know it. Just a mention of a 50cc saw and the Husky crowd comes out tongues a-trippin, knocking anything that isn't a 346.

Heck, a thread can be about something entirely different and the Husqvarna choir starts singing. Let's keep it honest and not put on blinders.

Now thats not entirely true Andy and you know it. Just a mention of a 50cc saw and the Husky crowd comes out tongues a-trippin, knocking anything that isn't a 346.

Heck, a thread can be about something entirely different and the Husqvarna choir starts singing. Let's keep it honest and not put on blinders.

Maybe true, but we do it for fun mostly, at least I do. Stihl guys on the other hand, they go for blood.:D

I don't think so. Throttle response is more complicated than simply adding a fuel injection system. Now if you said the saw had a flatter power curve I might believe you. Truth is ST has you Stihl boys pegged, hell you can't even say the throttle linkage looks a little weak on a Stihl saw without someone getting butt hurt about it. But what do I know I like Poulans.:D

I couldn't be happier that Stihl's coming out with more M-tronic equipment, and I look forward to running them, but I'm not about to jump and cheer about something until I get my hands on one.

I saw you down there on the bottom Andre. I just knew you weren't going to leave well enough alone :hmm3grin2orange:

At our update seminar we were told that the 261,362,461,201 and more models will be going to the M-tronic set up. NO release dates were discusses. The 261M-tronic is already in late test stages in the field. I think you will see the M-tronic even make it's way down in the farm and ranch saws. It helps meet epa standards and helps protect against some to the crap fuels you see in the market.

Another interesting point of discussion was the folks who are using 87 octane may actually be using 83 or 84 octane fuel after the alcohol evaporates out of the gas. Also the white residue you are seeing in carb screens is a olefin polomyer used in the refining process today, it is creating a waxy residue clogging inlet screens creating lean conditions. If you don't have a ultra sonic you want to make sure to replace the inlet screen on every carb rebuild along with the fuel filter.

Great post. Thanks for the update.

ST does what he does because you and other react to it, you'd think people would learn buy now, I guess not lol.:laugh:

I in fact know of two M-tronic failures. I told you last time I was asked to not say names. Doesn't really matter anyway, for the most part the system seems to work fine, same with the husky AT system. Bashing? hardly, I'm simply not a fan boy, I call things as I see them regardless of brand, something most dyed in wool Stihl boys simply can't do.

I think one of those M-Tronic fails you speak Andy was not the M-Tronic systems fault at all.:)

I think one of those M-Tronic fails you speak Andy was not the M-Tronic systems fault at all.:)

I wasn't talking about that saw.:msp_smile: Weather or not the system played a role with that saw is still a question, but I doubt a normal saw would have needed the lever height adjusted, you would have been able to tune out the stalling acceleration issue with a twist of a screwdriver IMHO. This is also a ported saw we're talking about, so I didn't hold that against the system, it simply couldn't compensate for the porting correctly.

Do you flip the switch to on, pull out the choke, squeeze trigger five times for one second each consecutively, and push choke back in to reset the check engine light?

Do you flip the switch to on, pull out the choke, squeeze trigger five times for one second each consecutively, and push choke back in to reset the check engine light?

That's the BMW way,

Will these saws be serviceable in 30 years?

Another interesting point of discussion was the folks who are using 87 octane may actually be using 83 or 84 octane fuel after the alcohol evaporates out of the gas.

OK..I'll bite.:jester:

It makes little sense that the alcohol will evaporate and DECREASE the octane level. Let's say the alcohol could evaporate, it would take 10% of the volume out of the container of gas and leave the octane producing portion more concentrated...

Now alcohol combining with water molecules due to its affinity to H2O and decreasing potency of gasoline is a whole different (and plausible) matter.

I thought the fuel manufacturers relied on the reduced knock ability of ethanol to increase octane numbers of gasoline motor fuel. This allows less refinement and additive packages to make the same number. After phase separation, it would stand to reason that the motor octane number would drop a bit. Just my misinformed country bumpkin opinion.

At our update seminar we were told that the 261,362,461,201 and more models will be going to the M-tronic set up. NO release dates were discusses. The 261M-tronic is already in late test stages in the field. I think you will see the M-tronic even make it's way down in the farm and ranch saws. It helps meet epa standards and helps protect against some to the crap fuels you see in the market.

Another interesting point of discussion was the folks who are using 87 octane may actually be using 83 or 84 octane fuel after the alcohol evaporates out of the gas. Also the white residue you are seeing in carb screens is a olefin polomyer used in the refining process today, it is creating a waxy residue clogging inlet screens creating lean conditions. If you don't have a ultra sonic you want to make sure to replace the inlet screen on every carb rebuild along with the fuel filter.

Spring, thanks...all great news but can you tell me about the sideways balance ....some of us care about the real important stuff. Not that "whop whop hp -torque" nonsense. Hehe.

Last edited:
That's interesting, but the M-tronic still is the first generation AutoTune = maybe a bit outdated, really....
yet it sure is funny how well it works, and then there are all the threads here about problems with AT/XP SAWS:rock:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back