More m-tronics coming

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How many M-tronics have you run?, Do you not think that it can be updated with software, you are clueless about what is coming down the pike, have you seen a true digital fuel injected unit come out of Sweden yet? You better get ready to study up on spec sheets in the future, fuel injection is going to be where it is at, and guess who was the first to use it on a hand held two stroke unit? The one with the toughtest cutting conditions, concrete dust, vibration level ,rough handling and construction workers, it's a easy transition to a chainsaw. The throttle response makes a 346xp response time look like an xl-12.

you sure are right about construction workers being hard on demo saws...we get 2 month old demo saws in from the crews that look like they've been in a war for two years. I don't know what these guys do but they could break anything.

so i just read the 290"s going away? whats replacing it? it's heavy but dependable and there biggest seller...big shoes to fill. any pics or specs on the replacement...and will the new one have mtronic?

ok so i see a 291 on thier site...it looks more like a 261 than the 290...is this thing a NEW saw or an update of the 290

Last edited:
so i just read the 290"s going away? whats replacing it? it's heavy but dependable and there biggest seller...big shoes to fill. any pics or specs on the replacement...and will the new one have mtronic?

ok so i see a 291 on thier site...it looks more like a 261 than the 290...is this thing a NEW saw or an update of the 290

The Stihl 290 has already be replaced with the 291. I think it's alot better saw too. A little more pricey though.
I think it'sjust another strato. Non m-tron.

Last edited:
I had never really been around a concrete saw, but then, I was eating at a restuarant that had construction next to it.

Some poor concrete saw was being "used" to cut wire mess for the concrete. The guy that was "using" it, never sat it down like I would a saw or small child, LOL, he didn't even lean over a little .............. he would just drop it, maybe on its bottom, and maybe on its side. Literally just dropped it at least 15 times from waist height.

How do people like that keep their jobs ................ thank you, unions, LOL.

Sam

Who cares how many saws he's ran? I mean, really? It still doesnt give anyone the right to bash him. He has an opinion, others have theirs.

He's a good cat and don't deserve the crap he's caught lately. Same Stihl flag throwing crew always doing it too. Don't think I'm a Stihl hater for a second either. I'm a Stihlhead from way back. I've always ran Stihl, and Sawtroll don't like my 441C much either. His opinion is different than mine and that great. He brings alot more to the site than alot of his haters, thats for sure.

Who cares how many saws he's ran? I mean, really? It still doesnt give anyone the right to bash him. He has an opinion, others have theirs.

He's a good cat and don't deserve the crap he's caught lately. Same Stihl flag throwing crew always doing it too. Don't think I'm a Stihl hater for a second either. I'm a Stihlhead from way back. I've always ran Stihl, and Sawtroll don't like my 441C much either. His opinion is different than mine and that great. He brings alot more to the site than alot of his haters, thats for sure.

I honestly couldnt agree more...he certainly has brought alot more to this forum than some of his haters..

so, who gets beat on next ? Is there a list?

Merry Christmas, I will tune in next year and see if I can enjoy this place.

It does get old, doesn't it? Try the F and L threads...they're a little more positive in nature. And they're a hell of a lot funnier.

Nooooo.... it's a secret. Besides all the posters have to work in the industry or be retired from it. Then there's the secret passwords and handshakes.

That he has seen/used? Very few.

That WE never heard/seen? Very few.

Sam

No disrespect intended Sam but Niko is no less passionate about his 346XP's than you are about your 441CM's. I've seen you fly off the handle many times the second anybody has anything bad to say about the 441CM's. In fact I'm not sure if I can recall you using any other model of saw? By now you'd also probably be aware that a 441CM owned by a member here and ported by the exact same guy who built your favourite 441CM's had a terminal failure the other week.
Niko is a good guy and it's OK to disagree with somebody and not end up hating them. I've had some pretty good head to heads on AS over the years with Niko and yet we still exchange messages about the weather etc.
I'm not some sort of hormonal pillow hugger but I just can't believe how a simple disagreement on chainsaw brands can end up with people carrying on like they want to kill each other.

For what it's worth I sold my MS261 because it was an uninspiring piece of crap but I love my little 241CM. Sawtroll is actually right on many things he says whether he reads about it or not. Unlike some on AS I have actually heard him say good things about opposition brands...

Nothing against Stihl.............but its 2012 why is it so hard to find an M-Tronic saw? I would personally like to run one, finally..........have been running Auto-Tune saws since 2009.

Hard to compare apples to apples when one hand is empty.

because they want to sell it and not have to recall it like someone else

I wonder if Husky will be paying Stihl to use their injection technology soon? That'll shut Niko up! Haha!

Why do you think that would bother me the least, if they can make a system that is light enough?

I am not a big fan of the "strato" technology at all really, but at the moment it seem like the best solution availiable, considering the EPA BS.

At some point there surely will be better solutions.

Hahahahahahahahahaha

(sorry Dennis)

attachment.php

It is quite comical with all the posts about "brand bashing" here - when this actually was all I said;

That's interesting, but the M-tronic still is the first generation AutoTune = maybe a bit outdated, really....

Just a little hint, with an element of truth in in....:msp_wink:

How many M-tronics have you run?, Do you not think that it can be updated with software, you are clueless about what is coming down the pike, have you seen a true digital fuel injected unit come out of Sweden yet? You better get ready to study up on spec sheets in the future, fuel injection is going to be where it is at, and guess who was the first to use it on a hand held two stroke unit? The one with the toughtest cutting conditions, concrete dust, vibration level ,rough handling and construction workers, it's a easy transition to a chainsaw. The throttle response makes a 346xp response time look like an xl-12.

Sorry but the first fuel injected unit that I am aware of came out of Italy. The MT4000 from Efco. True it wasn't digital injected but still it was the first that I am aware of. That was 2005 as far as I remember, but don't worry Saw Troll will come by in a moment with the right numbers.

Last edited:
At our update seminar we were told that the 261,362,461,201 and more models will be going to the M-tronic set up. NO release dates were discusses. The 261M-tronic is already in late test stages in the field. I think you will see the M-tronic even make it's way down in the farm and ranch saws. It helps meet epa standards and helps protect against some to the crap fuels you see in the market.

Another interesting point of discussion was the folks who are using 87 octane may actually be using 83 or 84 octane fuel after the alcohol evaporates out of the gas. Also the white residue you are seeing in carb screens is a olefin polomyer used in the refining process today, it is creating a waxy residue clogging inlet screens creating lean conditions. If you don't have a ultra sonic you want to make sure to replace the inlet screen on every carb rebuild along with the fuel filter.

Hey Indian, how does one get signed up for these update seminars? We are a relatively new dealer (less than a year and a half) and our rep does not seem interested in paying us any attention. He lives in the town we're in, and he has been by exactly 3 times. We outsell the other Stihl shops in the area combined by a large margin. Still no presence from the rep. I guess we get spoiled by ExMark sending a rep for a full day every week.... I digress. Anyway, the shop owner does not have much time to fool with seminars and product updates. As long as there are 290's and 250's on the shelves (which I have warned him will go extinct) he is happy. I hate it when a customer comes in asking about new product development, and we do not have any answers (other than what I read here.) He had no idea about the TS-500i until I explained it to him and showed him in the book. Is this something Stihl offers to you, or do you have to go and ask your rep to get signed up? We are only a bronze shop right now as there have been scheduling issues on Silver/Gold training, plus what seems to be a lack of interest by the rep.

That he has seen/used? Very few.

That WE never heard/seen? Very few.

Sam

I wonder where your "knowledge" about that comes from?

Anyway, if you have just a little insight, some things are easy enough to figure out without actually using the thing - there aren't many real "mysteries" involved....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back