More proof that the 346XP NE is the "clear" winner...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure if these pics have already made the rounds but I found these while looking for pics of the saw last week. I assume it was done up this way for a trade show or something. Looks cool. Wouldn't have to worry about faded plastic, eh' 04Ultra. Sorry couldn't resist. Enjoy.

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

P.S. My new 346XP NE didn't come with a bucking spike, is that normal? Most pictures I have seen it looks like they should have one on the inboard side of the bar.

Scott

Niffy looking. I notice that grey bar cover though, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..

Just so there be no confusion about who is copying who :D
An early Hva 44 !!

attachment.php

Finally Husky see-thru gas tanks that match the rest of the saw......:) :)

Forgot ...And that you can actually see the gas level .....

Last edited:
Another marketing benefit of Husky making saws clear is that a certain number would then be lost in the woods and need to be replaced....

they should release some like that just to see what the response is. it would actually save them a bit of money not adding the color to the plastic.

I'd love to see it, and even like to have one if it stayed clear. Sometimes the opaque colors or additives add to UV resistance, or other performance characteristics (impact, flexibility, etc.)

Philbert

I'd love to see it, and even like to have one if it stayed clear. Sometimes the opaque colors or additives add to UV resistance, or other performance characteristics (impact, flexibility, etc.)

Philbert

theres no doubt in my mind it would stay clear. plastic is clear till they add color to it. i did plastic injection molding for over 5 years before i built trucks.

Mine came with the bucking spike, and all assembled, including a tank full of fuel, and bar oil. My local dealer is the County Co-op.

The clear saw looks great and will until it gets dirty - on the inside.

Another marketing benefit of Husky making saws clear is that a certain number would then be lost in the woods and need to be replaced....

I have to say - right after "wow - cool" my next thought was "I bet they'd get lost more easily."

Latest posts

Back