Morristown 2010

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me too, I need to cob together a underhand chop stand, I think I might do what Tim Keech did and just have some plywood, 2x4 and some spikes to hold it together. Ordering my chain mail tomorrow, hopefully I beat my 206 second chop from Lisbon.

We can find you a stand to use so don't get too stressed over it. As for the time, don'[t even worry about the time for now. Don't get discouraged either, trust me, your times will improve, I was/am still in the same boat as you.

Yup, I don't even time my chops at home. I count hits. If I can do an 8x8 in 9 hits in the front and 9 in the back I'm doing good. The fast guys do it in 4 and 5.

Most everything is up there. I brought up the stands, barriers, & chopping stands today. The wood is there. There is around a grand in prize money to be won. I spent this evening getting the race chains on the saws, finding the stopwatches and starter horns, adjusting some of the chopping gear. The weather is going to be great.........LETS GO RACING!!!!!

C'mon boys........I read on this forum all the time about porting and polishing, and timing numbers, and power to weight, and synthetic oil mixes, and how to tune, and compression numbers, and what saw is best, and blah blah blah.......well..........

The Money is on the Table, just come and win it motorheads!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
I sure do wish I knew about this about a month ago, did not see the original thread, must have missed it. :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored: I am only about 35 to 40 minutes away, straight shot up route 12 from Clayton. :censored: I just got my Poulan running well:hmm3grin2orange:

I sure do wish I knew about this about a month ago, did not see the original thread, must have missed it. :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored: I am only about 35 to 40 minutes away, straight shot up route 12 from Clayton. :censored:

So what's the problem? Please make the drive, you'll be our guest!!

You think a lot like I do, I'll give you that. I would rather be running a saw, that's for sure. How many of us from up here are going anyhow?

There will a couple guys from Morristown - Brier hill area, a couple from Massena, one from Ft. Covington, some from Rochester-Buffalo area, maybe a couple down from Canada, should be some some good company and fast saws!

I'll have to keep a good look out for the next shindig in central to northern ny. Busy time of year for me between haying, work and side work. Fall is deer season and spring is fishing time. Saw time is all year long. My 2 year old son is starting to like the saws, maybe a future wood chip hound.

Back