Lisbon, NY 2010 Woodsmens Competition

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, June 13th. Registration starts at 9:30, racing starts around noon.
Address for GPS or Mapquest.........

6991 County Rt. 10 Lisbon, NY 13658

Rules and Classes are all settled. $5 entry fee per class, here's the events in the order they will happen......

Lisbon Fire Dept
Woodsmens Competition

Event #1- 0-60cc Stock Saw. Competitors use their own chainsaw. No tuned pipes, no two piece heads, must have working choke and air filter, unaltered flywheel. Gas only. This is a live start, the saw is idling on the ground, competitors hands on the block. The competitor must have all eight fingers across the centerline of the block at the go signal. They will make 3 cuts in a down-up-down sequence. There will be a "3-2-1 Go!" start. Time starts when the competitors hands leave the block and ends when the third disc is severed.

Event #2 - Two man Cross-Cut. Competitors will make 2 cuts with a provided saw. There will be a "3-2-1 Go!" start, time starts when the saw moves and ends when the second disc is severed.

Event #3 - 0-100cc Stock Saw. Competitors use their own chainsaw. No tuned pipes, no two piece heads, must have working choke and air filter, unaltered flywheel. Gas only. This is a live start, the saw is idling on the ground, competitors hands on the block. The competitor must have all eight fingers across the centerline of the block at the go signal. They will make 3 cuts in a down-up-down sequence. There will be a "3-2-1 Go!" start. Time starts when the competitors hands leave the block and ends when the third disc is severed.

Event #4- Underhand Chop. Start will be a "3-2-1 Go!" Time starts when the axe hits the block and ends when the block is severed.

Event # 5- Axe Throw & Bow Saw. Axe throw- Competitors will be scored on 3 throws. The first throw can be used as a practice throw, or the competitor may keep the first throw for scoring. If the competitor uses a practice throw the next three consecutive throws count for score. If the competitor keeps the first throw for score the following two throws count for score.

Following their axe throw the competitor will move directly to the block for the Bow Saw.

Bow Saw- Competitors will use a provided Bow Saw to make 1 cut. Start will be a “3-2-1 Go!” Time starts when the saw moves and ends when the first disc is severed.

Event #6 – 5 Cube Stock Appearing- Must be a serial numbered production chainsaw less than 82cc. No Tuned pipes. Stock covers must be in place. Same rules as open hotsaw.

Event #7- Open Hotsaw. There will be a 1 minute warm up. This is a dead start. Saw not running, competitors hands on the block. The competitor must have all eight fingers across the centerline of the block at the go signal. They will make 3 cuts in a down-up-down sequence. There will be a "3-2-1 Go!" start. Time starts when the competitors hands leave the block and ends when the third disc is severed.

If anyone has a stopwatch or two please bring it along. I have several, but there is talk of running 4 stands in the stocksaw. A couple spare watches is a good thing.

Thats what mark told me i asked again tonight to make sure. I told him i had the wood here he said to use it, so we don't have nails in the field, but if the people camping want a small fire i guess its ok.

Back