Lisbon, NY 2010 Woodsmens Competition

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

troutfisher

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Thought I'd start a fresh new thread for this year's event!

June 13th, 9:30 registration, racing starts at Noon. here's the address for Mapquest or GPS.........6991 County Rt. 10 Lisbon, NY 13658

The Sponsored events are:

0-60cc stock saw
0-100cc stock saw
axe throw
underhand chop
Open Hotsaw

Payouts will be $50-$30-$25 for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.

Unsponsored events (enrty fees paid back as prize money, so # of entrys determines payout) will be:

2 man Cross-Cut (provided saw, M-tooth racing saw)
chainsaw throw
bowsaw (provided saw, 36" hardware store blade)

Rules for stock saws:

No tuned pipes
no 2 piece heads
stock flywheels
working choke and air filter
gas only

Last edited:
This is a small competition with all levels of competitors, we are trying to get as many competitors as possible. There will also be lawnmower races, it should be a fun day for everyone.

I was practicing today and halfway through my first cookie the block fell, an amish had snuck up on me and sawed it off with his bow saw. And here i thought i was doing good.

I bought a new keyboard, problem solved now I can type like a literate person again.
Should be a good time even if Andy and Chris take home all the money.

If I don't go to the Kentucky GTG I'll tag along with Blood to this one. Should be neat to check it out for sure.

Very cool, I'll be good to meet you. The Fire Dept. is allowing camping on the field, so that'll make it easy to find a place to stay. My plan is to get you guys drunker than hell Saturday night......maybe I'll stand a chance on Sunday!

Should be a good time even if Andy and Chris take home all the money.

In this part of the country that's just the way it goes. Nothern NY, southern Ontario is some tuff competiton. Usually somebody shows up that's FAST. I've never cut in the 3's at a show, so that's my goal. I want to break under 4 seconds in the hotsaw, and under 20 seconds in the chop. If that's good enough to take some cash, cool. If not that's OK too.:cheers:

Last edited:
I got UPS tracking confirmation yesterday the bands for the mill will be here tuesday. So that should give me time to get the cants ready without rushing like last year.

Back