Lisbon, NY Saw Racing 8-30-09

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

troutfisher

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I'm just passing this along for a friend, The Lisbon Fire Dept. will be having chainsaw racing at their field day on Sunday, August 30, 2009. There will be 2 classes for work saws. 0-60cc, and 0-100cc. There will also be two Hotsaw classes, 5 Cube and Open Hotsaw. Also Axe Throw and Underhand Chop. Open to the public, sign up at a the gate.

Lisbon on Mapquest........

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Lisbon&state=NY

Last edited:
Here's the rules fo rthe saws.............

Chainsaw racing

General
Time starts at the "go" signal, and ends when
The last disc is severed.

All classes will make 3 complete cuts within 6 inches.

All competitors must wear safety chaps (hearing and eye protection is recommended)

At the start, the saw must be sitting on the ground, competitors hands on the block.

Work saw classes will be hot start (saw idling on the ground) modified and hotsaw classes will be dead start.

Work Saws (two classes, 0-60cc, and 0-100cc)

All safetey equipment must be in place and working (chain brakes, throttle locks, ect)

Choke plates must be in place, and work as the manufacturer designed.

saw must idle with the chain stopped

Gasoline only

No two piece heads

No tuned pipes

5 Cube Modified Chainsaw

Must be a serial numbered production chainsaw, less than 5 cubic inch

single cylinder, pull start

Open Hotsaw

single cylinder, pull start

so is the antique a go or no go, or should I just bring it anyway? I'm assuming that b/c Chris is going then we are going to do an underhand chop then.....atleast there will be 3.

Last edited:
sorry about the broken english, the keyboard on my home computer is crapping the bed on me, so "A,Q,Z" and the shift keys don't work. Thanks for the info I'll be up for this.

sorry about the broken english, the keyboard on my home computer is crapping the bed on me, so "A,Q,Z" and the shift keys don't work. Thanks for the info I'll be up for this.

I won't complain about yours if you don't complain about mine,i blame the computer but troutfisher says its operator error. LOL We hope to see you there.

Latest posts

Back