Most Comparable Oil to Mobil 1 2T. What have you Swapped to?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stihl Ultra ..its easy to get. Just a walk across the street from my office to get it.

im starting to think Stihl Ultra because it is at granz turf depot in salmem, which is 10 mins away, and they have everything else too.

I'm now using Maxima K2. It's available locally and burns cleaner than Klotz R50. Stihl Ultra and Bailey's WoodlandPro Synthetic are both good as well.

Wow! Bailey's WoodlandPro Synthetic sure is a whole lot less expensive than the Stihl oil. So is the Klotz for that matter.

Last edited:
just saw lucas oil semi synthetic oil, any one use it before. never heard of used in saws before but havent seen it either

Im running sunoco 110 leaded at 50:1 with amsoil interceptor oil. I pulled the muffler off my 066 to inspect after a weekend of hard use no carbon on the piston or the exhaust port looks like it had a new piston. So ill stick with it seems like a good combo

Im running sunoco 110 leaded at 50:1 with amsoil interceptor oil. I pulled the muffler off my 066 to inspect after a weekend of hard use no carbon on the piston or the exhaust port looks like it had a new piston. So ill stick with it seems like a good combo

have you tried amsoil saber at 50:1?

Anyone ever use Blue Marble? I run it in my Sleds but never did the research to see if it would be alright. Runs a lot cleaner than ski doo oil even ski doo synthetic. I think the Blue Marble is a mineral oil? Anyway Raves stay a lot cleaner with it.

Rick

dolmar 5105 exhaust leaking between shield and head??

just started taking some of the covers and stuff off to check the tightness of all the parts. checked the plugs hole and the exhaust hole still looks new. even has the hone marks on the cylinder still. it only got about 6 tanks threw it but looks good to me, then after i took the muffler off, you take the shield off to see the head. well i noticed some leakage on the head. its the excess oil coming out the cylinder no big problem but the thing that concerns me is there is a gasket between the muffler and the shield but no gasket between the shield and the head. is this normal or did they forget it? i can get another gasket and put it there or some red rtv. but its still new and it has leaked a little oil out with in the long run will make a mess of the saw. what would you guys do if it were yours? it not a serious leak just a little seeping out the bottom of the port, didnt see any cracks either. im running 40:1 vs (50:1) so its not like its pumping loads of excess oil or anything

But I just love the smell of bean oil and some good old racing gas, and the cost is a lot less than those little quart cans.

Used the 2R when I ran out of 2T, but like the Klotz fer the smell, brings back some fond memories.

I know what you mean by the smell... My buddy's and I have always joked around about making that smell into some type of perfume for our wife's.

I've ran 105 to 114 octane in my race bikes and quads. I don't remember all the oil's I've tried but in the end I was using the Red Line product of 2 stroke oil.

Anyway... I love the smell also... Went to this years SX in Indy last week.. Just isn't the same with out the 2 strokes..

Anyone ever use Blue Marble? I run it in my Sleds but never did the research to see if it would be alright. Runs a lot cleaner than ski doo oil even ski doo synthetic. I think the Blue Marble is a mineral oil? Anyway Raves stay a lot cleaner with it.

Rick

I believe GPT and HeavyFuel do.

When they stopped selling the Mobile 1 2T in the petrol stations here in Oz about 25 years ago (a quarter of a century?), I went over to the Shell synthetic 2T.

As I recall, the Shell 2T didn't burn as clean in my enduro bike, but it had a thicker viscosity.

I choose the Shell as it was a readily available synthetic oil that I could pick up in any petrol station. It was made for racing two-strokes and for street bikes, in other words it has plenty of detergents in it.

It burns clean in the chainsaw, is made by a major oil company (with their larger testing facilities and ability to purchase in bulk) and is less expensive than most other synthetic oils.

You cant get the Mobile Racing 2T in Ozz i have been using it for years............

Yeah, that's what Rick said. The marketing genius at Mobile may have had a re-think and put it back in the stations. I'll have to take a look next time I see a Mobile station.

I used the Shell 2T and it worked well. I expect that the Shell 2T being thicker may have had a higher flash point than the Mobile 2T. On a woods enduro bike with lots of part throttle (and 30 to 1 mix) the exhaust would drool, but on a chainsaw with the constant WOT the stuff burns clean.

I wonder how much the Shell 2T costs in the U.S. Over here in Oz it is one of the least expensive synthetic two-stroke oils.

Sunoco 110 with Blue Marble. Tis some clean burning stuff. I've run over 10 gallons thru my 7900s and 8401. Not sure how many Heavy Fuel has went thru.

Sunoco 110 with Blue Marble. Tis some clean burning stuff. I've run over 10 gallons thru my 7900s and 8401. Not sure how many Heavy Fuel has went thru.

Cool! I have a couple gallons yet Ill give it a shot, thought there was an issue with air cooled vs liquid cooled.

Thanks Rick

Latest posts

Back