Most usefull tool

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fish

Tree Freak
Reaction score
I have seen this posted before by some newcomers, but it occurred to me today the answer, my 6" curved nose hemostats are the one tool I would
miss the most, especially on really bad hangover mornings.

I would,however,say my 12 lb sledge hammer and 72" spud bar,for the fine tuning of precision mechanisms.I almost forgot my 9" Klien pliers for cutting the bailing wire.

Deffinitely my buckets of steam to clean off all the oil, grease and dirt on my equipment so I can work on them properly.

I would really miss my sky hook also.

My favorite would be my makita 9.6v cordless drill outfitted with a t27 torx bit. i once tore a ts 400 down to a bare crankcase in 7 min. It saves me lots of time in the course of a year. second would be my stihl chain grinder with a borizon wheel.

I personally do not like the Stihl grinder, but I do like my 14.5 Dewalt!
I could tear down a TS400 in 6 minutes!

knife

Everyone who carries a good pocket knife nows the value of this TOOL! :blob2: Some of the people I work with say you're not a man if you don't have a knife in your pocket. The list of redneck uses goes on and on for a good TOAD STICKER. :dizzy:

I agree with fishuntcutwood; the double ended scribe is right up there but for me #1 would have to be a pair of genuine vise grips. I have used them in a 1000 differant ways then they were ever designed for. I would be lost with out them. I use them as a vise, on the end of a slide hammer for pulling axels, in the place of a c-clamp most of the time. I seen them used as a brake on a cable pull before, as an emergency handle. I do not even use tongs any more when black smithing. Vise grips lock and do not slip. HOw about skinning cat fish? Where would you be with out vise grips then? Or how about grinding small parts on a bench grinder? Greatest hand tool ever invented by man.

Lobo said:
Deffinitely my buckets of steam to clean off all the oil, grease and dirt on my equipment so I can work on them properly.

I would really miss my sky hook also.

how do you keep steam in a bucket? do you hold the bucket upside down? but then how do you pour it on the saw?

Spyderco. With me more often than anything. Wife even carries one.

Another candidate would be those cheap screwdrivers that have 2 double-ended bits and two different size hex openings on the reversable shaft. It's amazing how many things you can do with just that tool! Really handy on hose clamps. And you can chuck up the shaft in your favorite drill and use it as a screw/nut driver as well. Not bad for $4.

Latest posts

Back