Most usefull tool

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems everyone likes pliers and the Leatherman tool. I guess if I needed one, I could borrow it from one of you guys :) My favorite tool would have to be my 250 amp Miller wirefeed. Nothin' like laying down a bead with 045 wire on 1/2" at warp speed :p Combination bolt remover, bolt maker and hot metal glue gun :cool:

Most useful tool?...I'd have to say, My Manhood! Get's enough chuckles from the ladies they'll do anything for me then I don't have to!

Favorite Tool? three letters BFH (Big F'in Hammer) and the Vise grips. Two things I can't live without. Can free up anything with the pair, and the uses for the Vise grips are endless. Used them for a Steering wheel a couple weaks ago when we drug home the Brand New Crummy

my favorite tools

my grandfathers brass hammer ( Molecular restructuring device )

and my S&W assisted opener knife.

next on the list are:

welder, oxy fuel torch, vice grips, snap on ratcheting screwdriver with socket adapter and bit set.

This has turned out to be a great thread! I started it after some beverage repositioning. when I realized that, as a chainsaw mechanic, tech, wannabe,etc.
I use the hemostats almost on every saw. They are also very useful in pest control
around the shop.

Landa 500000 btu/hr hot-water pressure washer. Mitutoyo 0-8" digital calipers. Kennametal carbide burrs, CP mini die-grinder.

My favorite tool is my Chevy truck. Because it carries all of my other favorite tools.Except my lathe,mill,and welder.

belgian said:
this looks a nice tool to me, not that we are allowed to use it over here...

agree with you !!
think you could get a lot of jobs done with a tool like that :p

Okay ,torch and welding machine have been mentioned,how bout Krupp 500 tnne crane on rubber,browning 300 mag or MY BEER FRIDGE!!!!!i find after using that tool my day is more "interesting"

Stihl hard hat, face shield and ear muff combination. No comparison to ear plugs and sunglasses in the old days.

Other than body parts probably my most used and favorite tool is my Dremmel flexshaft with foot peddle (built a funky dust extractor out of an old furnace motor/housing with a weighted flexable 10ft hose I can move around the shop where I'm making a mess, details upon request, cost about 5$ to complete). Next would be my Stihl 08s, a true trooper, also a cheap Crappy Tire toolset which I've used almost daily for many years, best 17$ I ever spent, and yep, hemostats for those really irritating itty-bitty parts and especially hold tiny screws in places no human hands can reach. :D

Definitely the hemostats, multiple sizes. BUT, before you can do any work with any of the tools everyone loves, clean the filthy beast.

Purple Cleaner, or Purple Power or whatever (many names) from you local auto store. Mix 2:1 (that's VERY STRONG), put it in a spray bottle and squirt away. Wipe stubborn pitch (YES, it dissolves pitch) with a green pot scrubber, and hit the entire saw with the garden hose. They look like NEW. Caution : hose off with a couple of minutes. At this strength it can make the paint dull and start working way at aluminum of you leave it.

Fish said:
This has turned out to be a great thread! I started it after some beverage repositioning. when I realized that, as a chainsaw mechanic, tech, wannabe,etc.
I use the hemostats almost on every saw. They are also very useful in pest control
around the shop.

Yeah, I bet thats what you use the hemostats for..... More like a roach clip!!! I guess you have lots of those pesky roaches laying around the shop.

Back