Move Over Lil Dog, This Mean Ole Dog Is Movin In

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gypo Logger

Timber Baron
Reaction score
Hi there, forget all about all those other saw builders on here.
You got it! I'm the Man now when it comes to building saws and I have Ken Dunns permission to say so.
Anyway, send your saws to me now. I can get you an extra 25% over stock on the 066. What this means fellow woodticks, is that I can sell you a brand new 066 with the muffler mods for a paltry 850 USD delivered, comes with 20" bar and chain, plus 25' roll of 33RS. In addition to the enlarged port as pictured I cut out the inside of the restrictive box around the exhaust port.
Anywho, after I made the mods on the muffler, I made a cut fresh out of the box as in never run before with a 16" bar and Art Martin chain in a fresh cut 14" poplar log and blasted thru it in 2.41 sec. with a 7 tooth sprocket. I made the same cut with an 8 pin, but the time is yet to come in. Now how is that for a run on sentence?
Anyway Ken, I boxed up a 385 for shipment to you to build for me so I can copy the figures and say I did it. I am also very excited about the first saw I built, so who needs you and Dennis anymore when they can appeal to JD Hotsaw.
Junkyard Dog Hotsaw

I did not get this info from Ken Dunn

Hi there, now that I am "the man" in your sawbuilders world, let me show you some of my finer work before you decide to buy that saw from me. And remember, I did not get this info from KD and surely not from Clearwater.
What I would like to know is how the !@#& does Stihl think that the exhaust can escape out of a 3/8" exhaust port?
Isnt mine a work of art? And remember, I did not get this information from Ken Dunn.
Gypo
JD Hotsaw LTD.

JD Hotsaws

chin whiskerd jober
ok John,I have got a 2014 Mcculloch Eager Beaver 2.0 cu.in. you can build for me to race against the rotax's.:D Seth
drinka.gif

Last edited:
Hey Gypo...
We just got in the Solo 633 arborist saw "Lambasted" and have run into a couple of problems...

One is that we ran out of nitrus oxide and need more- where can we get it locally- seems that inflating our tires with it and driving across the border is a little risky- ;)

The other thing is that the its may be a little taxing running .404 full chisel standard sequence with a 8 tooth rim. Do you think that we should run skip sequence instead ?? :confused:

I ran the saw 8 hrs today in a bucket truck and my wrist is really hurting... It seems that the 64" bar you specified for the saw isn't really balanced well- but what the hell do I know...
Please advise

Anyway here is a pic-:blob2:

Last edited:
Hi Seth and Jeskimeema1, no problem I can make anything you got get up and talk. I ordered a box of finger ports and exhaust transfers at discount prices from Socal, which means we are off to the races.
I guess what I am trying to say is that I can Lambaste any motor you may have including motorsycles.
Jsikkema1, I think I can help you with your saw. The problem is that your rakers are to high. You need to take that 404 chain down to at least 50 thou. and put a couple of finger ports in there as well as transfer ports. Cutting off the cyl, head may also be in order to increase the squish factor. Glad to be of help.
Seth, as of late I am trying to stay away from Eager Beavers, especially peltless ones. Anyway in my neck of the woods, its Fir fer sure.
Gypo

Last edited:
Sorry, my appolagies, I posted an incorrect time for the out of box Midas Muffler Man 066JD.
The correct times were as follows:
7 pin: 2.88
8 pin: 2.41
This was with a 16" bar running Martin chain in a 14" poplar.
You can get a copy of the mpeg of the two cuts by requesting it from Ken Dunn or myself, but ask Ken for it at: [email protected] because I am very busy with all the saws I have to build as of late.
Keep the Big Chips Flyin'
Lil Leroy's Saw Shop

wow if Junkyard Dog Hotsaw can get 25% more power .........Dennis or KD must be able to get 25 more HP...........atleast

John, that muffler looks good, but ya got to jamb a hunk of pipe in that hole.

I have found especially with the solo saws that if you put the chain on the bottom of the bar instead of the top that it will cut much better. That way you are'nt always up cutting with the 64"er and getting your wrist tired. This comes from a real pro that I know.

As for the JD hotsaw, I have ran the same saw as John with the same chain and the only thing I noticed was that when John ran the saw it had a 45% reduction in horse power. I think it was mostly due to the fact that he had his finger over the exhaust port.

Hey Big Jon, the pipe idea is a good one and I am glad I thought of it.
Anywho, I went straight to work and got the pipe installed in no time. What do you think? Shall I patent it?
Hey Robert, whenever I engage anyone in a conversation about saws from Washington, they immediately talk of the Predator, even if they know nothing of saws. You are rapidly becoming a household name.
And by the way, I'll hit you with so many smoke rings you'll think your using 16:1.
Gypo

Hey Gypo how much !

How much to send a modified muffler for an 066 to? Don't need the pipe on it!

Hi Don, I can do your muffler at no charge. My payment will simply be the joy you get out of getting that extra 25%. Stihl also issues two different size head gaskets, one is 1mm ( stock) and the other is .5mm, get the .5mm for the extra compression.
Thanks for asking Don.
John Lambert
Box 74 Ballinafad,
Ontario, Canada.
N0B1H0
905 702 8357
Gypo

John..its always good to have another saw builder amongst us....could you elaborate a little more on your vice-grip technique of opening up ports....and if you get any spare #7 finger ports I could use a couple...

Hey Gypo

What exectly do I need to send to you? Just take off the entire muffler assembly down to the exhaust port?

Gypo,
Make sure you mail Dennis his finger ports to him in a business evelope. Pay backs are hell!...Rick:D

Hi Don, you only need to send the muffler and not the face cover. It is easy to do with a dremel tool. When you look into the muffler thru the exhaust opening you will see it has a box around it, just remove that part. The top half served as a catalitic converter as I had explained to Mr. Dunn. You can also order from Stihl the face cover with the exhaust port in it as well. Part# 11221400800.
The combined openings in the muffler should be equal 1.5 times that of the opening in the jug.
Gypo

Latest posts

Back