Moved to Western PA

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D&B Mack

Sawin Wit It!
Reaction score
Recently moved to western PA. Looking for a good saw shop, east side of Pittsburgh. The usual wants plus: stocks harvester chain, sharpen chipper knives, etc.

Where are ya in the East side of Pittsburgh ?

Penn Hills Rental in Penn Hills For Stihl Saws Parts and Service Jeff the Owner is Pretty good .

Yea whats been pretty much said so far is all I can add. If you want a good saw shop you'll have to head for the hills. Shops around The Burgh will sell 10 weed wackers in this area for each saw. As far as harvester chain goes good luck with. I would check with the heavy equipment suppliers for that.

Theres a good sharpening shop in Bakerstown which is just off the Butler Valley exit of the turnpike. The guys name is Jeff Johnson. I'm sure he could help you out with the chipper knives.

I know of a pretty large shop out on 31 past West Newton and before Donegal that looks pretty nice. I think its Stihl and Husky. Theres a good bit of logging up that area so you may want to look them up and that's not to far from Donegal exit.

I would just check the dealer locators on the various websites and go from there. The guys that I know with good saw shops are in the complete other direction from Irwin.

Yea whats been pretty much said so far is all I can add. If you want a good saw shop you'll have to head for the hills. Shops around The Burgh will sell 10 weed wackers in this area for each saw. As far as harvester chain goes good luck with. I would check with the heavy equipment suppliers for that.

Theres a good sharpening shop in Bakerstown which is just off the Butler Valley exit of the turnpike. The guys name is Jeff Johnson. I'm sure he could help you out with the chipper knives.

I know of a pretty large shop out on 31 past West Newton and before Donegal that looks pretty nice. I think its Stihl and Husky. Theres a good bit of logging up that area so you may want to look them up and that's not to far from Donegal exit.

I would just check the dealer locators on the various websites and go from there. The guys that I know with good saw shops are in the complete other direction from Irwin.

The guys at R.Brown logging supply on 31 are good ole boys

Brain im in Monroeville not far from Pa Dan and Sawmikaze

Glad to have someone else to swap Ideas and thoughts on saws

More the merrier

Mike

Is R Brown the guys on 31 up on the mountain before Donegal? If you are anywhere up near Meadville there is a good (I hear) Jonsered dealer there. Keep us in touch with your search. I'm always in the hunt for good shops.

You never mentioned what brand of shop you are looking for.

Latest posts

Back