Mr Stupid Was Here...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here’s a good one. Hopefully my wife doesn’t see this. She asked me to get her fathers(who is 80yrs old) saw running for him before he got home from vacation. The saw was in a case sitting in 3” of water and after I got it all drip dried I checked the fuel tank to see if it was full of water. Nope he decided to fill it with green antifreeze for some reason lol. No idea how the water got in the case or why he put antifreeze in it nor do I want to know. Here’s the carbFDDBB840-0C58-4344-B8C4-F1F2C72781F5.jpeg

Here’s a good one. Hopefully my wife doesn’t see this. She asked me to get her fathers(who is 80yrs old) saw running for him before he got home from vacation. The saw was in a case sitting in 3” of water and after I got it all drip dried I checked the fuel tank to see if it was full of water. Nope he decided to fill it with green antifreeze for some reason lol. No idea how the water got in the case or why he put antifreeze in it nor do I want to know. Here’s the carbView attachment 836163
Hehehe, it’s a safe space here to call your father in law “Mr Stupid”, maybe just avoid doing it to his or his or your wife’s face! Otherwise she’ll have you build your own dog house next :laughing:

Anyway, bloody brilliant, you currently hold the title of Mr Stupid was here!

Here you go :numberone:

Antifreeze in the fuel tank.................. Just.wow. :dizzy: Might be fixable? Or chunk the carb completely..... gotta believe small passages are just caked too much to save (or be worth saving)

Hopefully those carb screws come out with a hand impact driver.

Antifreeze in the fuel tank.................. Just.wow. :dizzy: Might be fixable? Or chunk the carb completely..... gotta believe small passages are just caked too much to save (or be worth saving)

Hopefully those carb screws come out with a hand impact driver.
Thank you, they came out all ok, but I did have a hand impact screw driver and also a set of screw extractors on hand should I have needed :)

Seems my shop can’t get replacements. I’m sure if I looked hard enough or tried a few electronic stores I could get something, but I’ll clean them up, file flat the burrs Mr Stupid made and re-use them. They are pretty bad, but not unsalvageable, thankfully!

nice -- yeah it's not like they have to be very tight, so glad the thing is usable.

Now the antifreeze carb..... yeeeesh!!

Any chance those screws are JIS and not Philips?
Hi Matt, I highly doubt it as it’s a Walbro carb. Being a US company without any manufactures in Japan probably not. Although Mr Stupid may have very well covered the JIS dot with his cam out skills, I’d still be able to see it I’d have thought.

Wrong sized and cheap phillips head drivers will do that. One of the reasons to get a few sizes of Snap On drivers. Same deal for using flattips on cheesehead screws.

I just got a set of Phillips Snap On screwdrivers. These have the diamond coating on them to increase grip. I have only used them a couple times, but they seem pretty nice.

Back