MS 180 lite mod saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
skier, is that you in the vid? i swear to god you look identical to one of my good friends here. only i know you are evil and he isn't :laugh:

I had your good friend come over and do the test cuts, in an effort to keep the challenge unbiased. I was the guy running the camera. :D

Funny cause that particular friend of mine is a stihl guy so we all can still assume both of you are biased. Seems you guys are good at making those saws look decently fast. I'm not buying it though :D

Hey, you had your shot at picking out the nail laden test log. Shame on me for putting limbing saws into limb sized wood, you husqy guys always have excuses! ;)

You appreciate a quick back to idle saw? I appreciate a quick accelerating off idle saw that don't require throttle feathering off idle. I'll take the first saw. My .02

You appreciate a quick back to idle saw? I appreciate a quick accelerating off idle saw that don't require throttle feathering off idle. I'll take the first saw. My .02

Yes, the 020T is pretty zippy, but the little MS 180 holds its own. Hey, it's a Stihl! :D

No. I am using the stock Zama. C1Q, I think? It is new though, the dealer told me a kit was 15, new carb 22. I think it runs pretty good. Oh and guess what... my 020T has a fixed jet carb too!

I like my 180 also. Here is a vid I did a few years ago when the saw was almost new, cutting a homeowner limb... :D

Hey I am New on here and new with chainsaws, I just got me an ms180 myself (an piltz built one from eBay) 18 in bar custom sprocket and ps3 chain. I like it and like all my toys I like customizing them to make them better. With the flywheel you are changing the timing right? Also is there a science to how much or is the .250 just something you tried and ended up working good for you. I want to do a muffler mod and know I need to get an adjustable carb ( with isn't here yet but will be). So when I get my carb I want to mod it like your and want to do it right. Should I move or adjust my flywheel the same as you did xskier if I going to try and open up my muffler more then you. As so xskier I live in Belleville mi you close to there

@joecox9113
The quickest mod you can do to your saw is exchange that stupid 18 inch bar to a 14 inch bar. Obviously you are suffering, like most american buyers, from the long bar syndrome....

You know, those are good questions. I never ran the MS 180 C-B with stock ignition timing, so I'm not sure how much it helped. At this point I'm done with looking for gains out of it. Now I am more interested in working on my fleet of 020AVs.

Latest posts

Back