Ms 201t crank bearings

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

no tree to big

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Ok so I have a 201t its about 4 years old, near daily use. For some reason the flywheel came loose spun and sheared the key. I checked for play in the bearings it moved ever so slightly.

so I figured now is as good a time as any considering it was a high of 13 below the next couple days to slap bearings and seals in it and grab a new flywheel.

Now the great part I just got my flywheel today put it on give it the knock test and the new bearings have easily 50% more play if not more in them then the old bearings!!!

I bought them online so they are probably Chinese but is this normal? Chinese quality control seems to be better these days but this seems a bit ridiculous

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

They are needle bearings and they're supposed to have something around .010" of play at most or something like that. It's the regular roller ball bearings that have no play.

Ok so I have a 201t its about 4 years old, near daily use. For some reason the flywheel came loose spun and sheared the key. I checked for play in the bearings it moved ever so slightly.

so I figured now is as good a time as any considering it was a high of 13 below the next couple days to slap bearings and seals in it and grab a new flywheel.

Now the great part I just got my flywheel today put it on give it the knock test and the new bearings have easily 50% more play if not more in them then the old bearings!!!

I bought them online so they are probably Chinese but is this normal? Chinese quality control seems to be better these days but this seems a bit ridiculous

Well WTF you expect from China ****? Garbage don't use them!

Well if I'd known that I wouldn't have touched it!
But regardless the new ones are way worse then the old ones and that seems kinda hokey.

I did a post on these bearings once and used a dial indicator and yes the old ones were of tighter clearance than the new ones.

Latest posts

Back